Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Navbar problem

Default Navbar problem

I recently updated to Xara web designer premium.
    Now the Navbar is not working which I think has something to do with it optimising for mobile device use.
    Under the Web properties link ''do nothing'' is highlighted.
    When I go to preview whole presentation Navbars do not work.
    It is not allowing me to click on Conventional Website ...it is on Supersite.
    When I try to reinstall the Navbar page links
    it says you have at least one button with both a link and menu.
    Appreciate your advice on this issue.

Default Re: Navbar problem

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I have moved this thread to the Xara Web Design Chat forum.

Are you working with a template? And if so, which one?

I used Ex-associate 2 Theme, Fade effects slideshow, Trade Photos, Fusion, Photo, Omega Photo
    Navbar opens in the ''older'' version web designer premium 7 ...but on the second Navbar row it has linked them all to the same url
    it says ''Text using the following non standard font(s) may appear differently in web browsers ''Sans''

The links need to be changed by you if I am reading this right.

When Xara creates those templates they use a link, usually Xara.com so the buttons will work in Page or Site Preview. But you need to change the links as appropriate.

Double click on the nav bar to open the Nav Bar Properties menu. Press Help if you need context sensitive help with your project.

The non-standard fonts indicates that the fonts used are not standard fonts (such as the basic web fonts and Google fonts) but will usually display correctly in most browsers.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    The links need to be changed by you if I am reading this right.

When Xara creates those templates they use a link, usually Xara.com so the buttons will work in Page or Site Preview. But you need to change the links as appropriate.

Double click on the nav bar to open the Nav Bar Properties menu. Press Help if you need context sensitive help with your project.

The non-standard fonts indicates that the fonts used are not standard fonts (such as the basic web fonts and Google fonts) but will usually display correctly in most browsers.
    When I reapply the url links it says ''you have at least one button with both a link and a menu and for touch only devices it's not recommended''
    even when I click ignore the Navbar does not work.

This (and it drives me nuts!) occurs if you have a button that links to a sub menu but not an actual page. At least this has happened to me in this situation.

Is it possible for you to upload your page or site and the members can take a look and see what is going on. The file size limit is 10MG I think. If the file is too big you can use a utility such as DropBox or I am currently using Dropsend Direct https://www.dropsend.com/ to create a download link.

you have at least one button with both a link and a menu ...
    Hi Dermot, what this error message is saying is if you have a button that opens up a sub-menu then source button cannot contain a URL link. This button just triggers the sub-menu.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    This (and it drives me nuts!) occurs if you have a button that links to a sub menu but not an actual page. At least this has happened to me in this situation.

Is it possible for you to upload your page or site and the members can take a look and see what is going on. The file size limit is 10MG I think. If the file is too big you can use a utility such as DropBox or I am currently using Dropsend Direct https://www.dropsend.com/ to create a download link.
    Hi Gary, thank you for your reply. Yes I was linking a sub menu to a photo rather than a page.
    Support solved the issue, under page options it was set to presentation.
    I presume this somehow got switched during the programme upgrade or would it be due to optimising for mobile device use?
    By changing it back to web document it allowed me to change the Web Export Options to "Conventional Website"
    Once I restored the button url links the Navbar is now working.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Dermot, what this error message is saying is if you have a button that opens up a sub-menu then source button cannot contain a URL link. This button just triggers the sub-menu.
    Hi Egg, I did not get that error on Web designer 7 premium, it's only since I upgraded to premium.

Glad to hear you've got it sorted Dermot. As far back as I can recall a menu button that opens a sub-menu always triggered this alert ....
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host