Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Introduction & How do I create a members-only area on my website?

Hi there, I'm new. I use Xara Web Designer Premium to create my small business websites. I've used Xara for many years and I love it, but I do find it has its limitations, which are quite frustrating. In this increasingly "wordpressy" world, by which I mean, everyone wants websites to look like Wordpress ... I find Xara lags behind. For example, right now my issue is that for one of my websites, I need to create a members-only area, or some kind of registration/log-in feature, so that prospective customers have to register (by filling out a form with their contact information) and create a username & password to access the rest of the website.

Now, these days, this should be simple, and offered by Xara in their suite of widgets or extra features, right? But it's not. I find this disappointing and very frustrating. It's a basic option, and is used on practically every website I visit lately. So why is it not available through Xara? OR IS IT? If it is, I haven't found it. Oh, and I'm sure this question has been asked by others already, and yes I did do a forum search prior to posting, but didn't find anything relevant.

Anyone?

P.S. I hate to jump in here praising Xara product, and then immediately launch into a complaint. But such is life.

Default Re: Introduction & How do I create a members-only area on my website?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Password protection comes up a lot here. There have been many posts about this and here is a Google search with links you can check out. https://www.google.com/search?q=Pass...nt=firefox-b-1

As far as making a website look "Wordpressy?" My advice is make a site look inviting and easy to navigate and nobody is going to fault you or your design. Too many sites are trying to look like every other site. And the result is, they all kind of look alike.

I teacher of mine back when I was attending Art Center College of Design in California said, "Don't try to be different to be good. Be good and you WILL be different." It has been over 50 years but I repeat this mantra every day.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    "Don't try to be different to be good. Be good and you WILL be different."

That's a wise saying.

Clearly this is something Xara needs to implement plus all the other Dear Xara suggestions.