Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Changing HTML Script to Connect all Documents for Navigation

When trying to export my web pages to HTML, it reverts to the template's preset Navigation menu. How can I tie all of my pages (already created) together. I read in another post that my HTML script needs to change. How can I do that? Any help is sincerely appreciated.

Default Re: Changing HTML Script to Connect all Documents for Navigation

Quote Originally Posted by DesignSponge View Post
    When trying to export my web pages to HTML, it reverts to the template's preset Navigation menu. How can I tie all of my pages (already created) together. I read in another post that my HTML script needs to change. How can I do that? Any help is sincerely appreciated.
    Welcome to TalkGraphics.

Are you asking how to get a NavBar to link to your created pages?
    If so, then double-click on the NavBar and in its Properties, select Site Navigation Bar (automatically links to all pages and appears on all pages in site) and click the OK button.

There should be no HTML script to change unless you have added one yourself, but you do refer to "the template's preset Navigation menu."

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Welcome to TalkGraphics

There is a check box Site Navigation Bar... When you check this the nav bar will be added to all pages. And all pages will appear on the nav bar.

You can change the names on the left, for example make them all caps, and you can add or delete pages as well. Most Xara menus have a Help button. Press this for more information about editing navigation bars.

Also there are additional nav bars in the Insert > From Content Catalog...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nav bar menu.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	119528  

Quote Originally Posted by DesignSponge View Post
    Thanks for replying. I tried that. Does that only work if you do that before you create all your pages?

I had changed the Site Navigation bar before exporting as HTML. Maybe I need to check the file names and watch some tutorials (guess I should have done that first). Thanks so much for replying. Nice to know there is someone there to help. I really do appreciate it.

If you add a new page it will automatically appear on the nav bar. Then you can open the Nav Bar menu and change the text, position etc.

I created all of my pages from New, then dragged various templates and color schemes into it. Was I suppose to change the page name on the template before dragging it into a new document? If so, how do I do that?

Do I need to change the name of my already created pages to "Page: 2 . . .?

you don't need to, if you drag various pages into the webpage, you double clip the navibar, it will automatically find your new page's name.

I just tried that and it overwrote the main page with the page I drug. What am I doing wrong?