Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default V15 and Content Catalog

I thought I would point out that once you install V15 you also have to install the content installer under the help tab to get the content catalog. Once you have successful installed the content catalog when you open Xara V15 , the catalog is blank you have to wait awhile for the program to update the catalog before you have access to the catalog.

As a note, I use Avast for virus protection and it had a lot of problems with not recognizing the installer. I had to set up Avast to allow me to determine if I wanted to run the file or not. Sometimes it would take a couple tries to get the files to install.

Ray

Default Re: V15 and Content Catalog

Hi RKissane,

The content in the Help > Download Content Installer doesn't install any designs that would be found in the Content Catalogue. This installer contains additional textures, fills, dictionary entries and live effects that can only be accessed when the program is unlocked.

If your viewing the Catalogue for the first time then there might be a little delay whilst it downloads the index files but after it should be pretty quick.

Let me know if you get any problems with it though!

Cheers
    Rob

Guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Let me know if you get any problems with it though!
    I also had issues with my virus scanner and the content installer: AVG insisted on sending this file "home" for further inspection. Had to turn AVG off in order to be able to install. I can say that I never have seen that behaviour in previous versions.

Trying to download the catalogue produces error messages galore about not being able to find certain .xar files on the server. But then again I also see error messages when looking for updates to V15. The entire download process for V15 was excruciatingly slow - I felt transported back into the time of dial-up networking... So perhaps those issues are related and MAGIX has server problems?

Perhaps this is due to the possible server issues, but why would someone want to download the catalogue anyway, as there hardly seems to be anything in it?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15-12-_2017_11-37-39.png 
Views:	105 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	119514

That greyed out folders labeled "Preview" don't show anything (but an error message that the preview images could not be loaded). And the rest is very meagre as well. Looking under "More online..." shows a whole lot of content I have to pay for. What happened to the free content of previous versions? Gone for good?
    Last edited by Guest; 15 December 2017 at 09:42 AM.

This happens with every new major release and installer we have unfortunately. As virus scanners have never seen this program before it treats it with absolute caution and scans everything it does constantly. It's often when this happens we have to send off emails to AV companies to try and get it whitelisted.

Magix are doing a sale on quite a few products which is causing a lot of strain on their servers currently. Apologies for the inconvenience, hopefully all services should return to normal soon!

Just a Note:

After installing Pro 15, each time I reopened the program I would have to go through the process of setting up my control bars and page settings AND "template" EACH TIME; UNTIL I downloaded the content catalog. After downloading the content catalog, all of my settings remained.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

When I opened up V15, my design files where empty no folders at all. I did not see any indication it was trying to download anything. That is when I tried the content catalog and once it was installed then I had the folders. Maybe it was just coincidence.

I did get a replay from Avast that they have add the installer to their database as not being a problem so maybe others will not have this issue.

Ray

Update and download offline gallery is very slow.

My content catalogue has vanished today

I'm Signed in
    I downloaded Content Installer - both items installed without issue
    I am running as Administrator

I could really do with starting a new site today but nothing I do has got me started - I am open to ideas

(So glad I am not a newbee because they are not going to know where to start looking to fix this one lol - PS HAPPY NEW YEAR FOLKS!)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDB View Post
    My content catalogue has vanished today
    I'm Signed in
    I downloaded Content Installer - both items installed without issue
    I am running as Administrator
    I could really do with starting a new site today but nothing I do has got me started - I am open to ideas
    (So glad I am not a newbee because they are not going to know where to start looking to fix this one lol - PS HAPPY NEW YEAR FOLKS!)
    David, you should not need to be running as administrator. Signed-in to what?

The On-line Content Catalogue website is up for me.

If you have downloaded any templates or components previously, these will be available in your Local Designs gallery.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I was following suggestions re; Run as administrator - to no avail
    I know I need not be signed in but I checked I was - to no avail
    If I try to insert - from content catalogue ... Error popup:
    "The Designs Gallery must be enabled to import content. You can switch it on from 'utilities' > 'Galleries' menu."
    However, in Utilities > Galleries All my boxes are ticked (except frame gallery of course)
    Checked firewall - cleared to go

A day down the drain that could have SO creative - I think I will just create a site from scratch - its not worth the stress some days lol

Safe in the knowledge someone will find a fix and pass on the happy news in time (soon lol)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!