Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Designer Pro X15 trial installation stuck half way

Hi

I am trying to update my 365 by downloading the new trial and installing it. I have downloaded it but the installation is stuck. The green bar is about half way. The text says it is at 100 per cent but I don't know whether that means the download. It can't possibly mean the installation. Should I stop it and try again? Wait? WHAT?

Blimey. Whatever happened to auto updates?

A

Default Re: Designer Pro X15 trial installation stuck half way

Ah, I had the same thing happen. The dialog is hidden behind something else on the screen.

If you see the program icon on the Taskbar, click it and the program will open.

Not only what happened to auto-update, but since this is supposedly a stand-alone updated version (you can still use the v 12 (365) version) then why not make some sort of color distinction in the logo. It is totally confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Artyboots View Post
    Hi

I am trying to update my 365 by downloading the new trial and installing it. I have downloaded it but the installation is stuck. The green bar is about half way. The text says it is at 100 per cent but I don't know whether that means the download. It can't possibly mean the installation. Should I stop it and try again? Wait? WHAT?

Blimey. Whatever happened to auto updates?

A
    Try pressing Alt+Tab or look to see anything flashing on your Windows Toolbar. It might be a pop-up underneath crying out for attention.

acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Try pressing Alt+Tab or look to see anything flashing on your Windows Toolbar. It might be a pop-up underneath crying out for attention.

acorn
    Hi both

Couldn't find a stray hidden box. Eventually got bored and hit Cancel at which point it declared itself happy and went on to open... Yep what happened to autoupdate. Anyone who doesn't come here or visit the Xara site will have no idea, and won't get their money's worth...

This has been the case for the most recent updates, Web Designer, Photo & Graphic Designer and Designer Pro X. There has also been a reshuffling of responsibilities between Xara and Magix and this may account for the lack of auto update. There is a link at the top of the page to A Letter from Xara's new CEO Matt Bolton. Some of this is laid out in the letter.