Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default intergration of paypall / payment metyhods

Hi,

Can anybody help me with putting the possibility of paypall payments on my website. if i look on the Paypall site there is not much good info. all i can find is that i have to copy html codes etc.
    but i have no knowledge of html (that's why i use XWD), so i don't know what to copy and where to paste it on my website.
    does anybody can give me advise or any links with instructions please?

many thanks in Advanced

musicdiver

Default Re: intergration of paypall / payment metyhods

Have you at least tried to use the PayPal Widget in Components > eCommerce?
    You pick a number of drop down options or radio buttons, type a bit and then select all the generated code (Ctrl+A), use the keyboard copy option (Ctrl+C) and then press the Xara Insert button.

You don't have to know what the copied code is or where is goes; Xara packs it into the Placeholder for you.

Try that first and then ask targeted questions about any steps you have problems with.
    That way, other TGers will have some referent to work from.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Just a quick addition to what Acorn has said also, there is a guide here on how to insert the e-commerce widgets from Xara into your website: http://www.xara.com/widgets/365/e-commerce/

Cheers
    Rob

Having scanned the e-commerce widget guide, and realising that I could quickly get out of my depth up some blind alleys, I have a simple question an answer to which could save me a lot of time.

I run a website for a small folk club which has sold concert tickets using PayPal buttons on the website for a few years. The money went into a PayPal business account which is no longer active and I find that, as a PayPal ordinary user, I can't use this method any more. What would be the simplest and cheapest e-commerce option for accepting ticket payments for a non-business club?

Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    [...] as a PayPal ordinary user, I can't use this method any more. What would be the simplest and cheapest e-commerce option for accepting ticket payments for a non-business club?
    Hello,

It all depends how automated it must be. If there is no need for automation and these events are small-scale, then you could opt for PayPal requests (see: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...sting-payments) that could be initiated by emails, phone calls or online forms. If this is not adequate, then you should think of opening a PayPal business account and use the buttons.

Thanks lex
    That option (of which I was completely unaware) is worth considering.
    Ian