Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Anchors showing up in url

Please tell me there is a way of linking to anchors on a page without the word "anchor" showing up in the url address. This looks very unprofessional to me.

The issue ... if I'm on the footer of page 1 (for example) and click to a linked header or anchor on page 2, I land in one spot. But if I'm on the footer of page 2 and click to that same header or anchor link to take me back up on that same page, I land in a different spot. I thought it was because I'm using a "sticky" header but, either way, the anchors are hitting differently. This is happening all over my page so, I'm forced to create double anchors ... one for the page I'm on and one for all other pages to hit. The workaround is tedious and time consuming but at least it worked. Now, I'm see the word anchor constantly (a lot of links on this page) and it looks horrible. I removed the word "anchor" from the name of each anchor. Still shows up. What is the fix for this?

Default Re: Anchors showing up in url

That seems odd to me. Usually an anchor in a link shows up as thesitelink/#the-anchor Can you post a screen shot or a link to the site with a pointer to where the links to anchors are?

I have a temp folder for the site at the link below. There are other issues with this upload that have already been fixed so ignore (this is an older version .. but even my most current version has the same anchor issues).

From the Home page go to the footer and click the links for the About and Employment pages. That is where most of the anchors are.

http://www.casteendesign.com/expert/index.htm

I appreciate the help!

OK So you are seeing these on the bottom of the browser? I am not sure if these is any way to hide these. Possible by using a Tiny URL physical link instead of an internal link. But that would be a royal PITA and to be honest, I don't have a problem with the link anchors showing and I doubt if most visitors would even be aware of these.

Hi Alliefan. Your site visitors will not even look at the url past typing in the domain. Beautiful website by the way.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, 'Oh s$%#t....she's awake!'

I don't have a problem with the link anchors showing and I doubt if most visitors would even be aware of these.
    Hi Alliefan. Your site visitors will not even look at the url past typing in the domain
    Double ditto.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host