Hi,

I have twice sent this question to the Xara support people over the last few months but have only received automated acknowledgements, no answer - not impressed. Hope someone here can help me! Sorry, I am still happily using Webstyle v 2.1

This is related to Webstyle 2.1
I installed Webstyle 1.2 from a computer magazine CD. Later I bought the CD for Webstyle 2.1. I have both running side-by-side. Wanting to use v2.1 to edit the graphics created in v1.2, I copied from the v1.2 installation folder the following three folders: "Templates", "More Templates", and "MyDocs". I created a folder in the v2.1 installation folder called "Templates-v1-2" and dropped the afore-mentioned folders into there. In v2.1 I click on Headings, then Explore Similar, change "View" to All, and navigate with the Up arrow to the "Templates-v1-2" folder, and within that to the Headings folder in MyDocs. I get a visual display of all the older existing graphics, but when I click on one of them I get this message:
"The template that C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Webstyle 2.1\Templates-v1-2\MyDocs\Headings\bwills.xws is based upon is either on the Webstyle CD or has been deleted."

I later figured, maybe I have to have the .wix files in there too, so I copied the .wix files from "Headings" in "Templates" in v1.2 into 2.1 "Templates-v1-2\MyDocs\Headings", but it makes no difference. Do I have to get the .wix files from the original v1.2 installation folder and work out which ones (as some are for headings, some for 3D headings etc) should go where in the 2.1 folder?

The three folders "Templates", "More Templates", and "MyDocs" in v1.2 seem to be the only ones I would need to copy across into v2.1 - am I right? The other folders in 1.2 are "Textures", "Prompts", "Buttons", "Backgrounds" and "Export" (the latter is empty). The subfolders in "MyDocs" in the v1.2 installation (named "3D Headings", "Backgrounds", "Bullets", "Buttons", "Dividers", "Headings", "Themes") that contain my older work contain only two file types: .gif files and .xws files.

Please tell me what I should do to edit the older graphics in v2.1

Thanks
Dave