Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: New Versions of Xara Designer Pro X(15)

first time [seriously] I won't even bother to try it out - totally fed up with jesuitical and weasely words from the company... for us nowt, with a capital NO
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    first time [seriously] I won't even bother to try it out - totally fed up with jesuitical and weasely words from the company... for us nowt, with a capital NO
    Who cares?
    ~Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Fred C View Post
    Who cares?
    well xara certainly won't care whilst the money rolls in

[it is rolling in, isn't it?]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

It's a free update for current DPX12 owners.

Thought that said, there is not a whole lot of there there.

Next upgrade to wait for spring now? "Happy New Year" from Xara(.
    Months of waiting ... The current update(so the same as previous) is just upset me(.
    I bought Affinity Designer before, but did refund. Now I bought again and finally! Now I work on older XDP365, but I think it's not for long ... maybe for a long time, but without updates, because I'm not willing to pay for such updates(. Where is new tools? Where corner tool, where new features of fill tool, where new animation for web, where "out" animation and trigers for it, where new web-site tool such as video-background and autofit for video and foto to browser window in vertial and horisontal. This is necessary things which are expected (. In the end - where roadmap? Not many people will pay for wrappers from online catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    well xara certainly won't care whilst the money rolls in

[it is rolling in, isn't it?]
    @handrawn,

But, you wanted to be able to try out the new features without upgrading. So Xara listened and you have your wish, a version that installs separately from the previous one.

Like Gary says, it's a free update for those on the 365 program. If you aren't on the program, then wait until there is something or enough new features to justify jumping back in.

For someone considering purchasing, I would say that right after an update/grade would be the time in order to lock in those features. This may or may not be the right time, depending on your needs.

@All,

Don't forget, you have to go under Help, and download the content installer and Pan Studio. Also, the Design Gallery is empty of content, so you have to download everything if you want it off-line. Alternatively, you may be able to copy the content that you had before. Now, where is all of that again?

@Egg,

I now have Xara (365) installed 4 times, twice on each computer, with no activation problems. All 4 work. I checked my account under Magix and the most recent version is registered to each computer, activation date as today. I think that the system understands the name of the device, so if 365 is installed once as version 12.8.1.50861, and once as version 15.0.0.52427 on the same device, it accepts this. The license is by device.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Have to say that I'm a bit underwhelmed with the "new version". This is what a 'year' in development brought?

No, I'm not crazy upset or p_ssed off or lashing out at Xara etc. It still is a great program as is, just no real movement or strides taken with it since the 365 release. Feeling a tad taken
    advantage of with my recent 365 payment to Xara. Just can't justify the payment amount in ratio to what released and get the feeling that is was just not worth the price.

Maybe I just have to do some more digging to find the "new version" features and advancements aside from 'new' text panels, new 'Social Media' stuff, other little thing'ys here and there...
    and 'new' templates - more new templates?!?! This stuff is what is called a... "new version"? Yes I see the new page 'resize' thing... nice, but doesn't excite me. I suppose I'll make use of it
    somewhere, sometime. Maybe I'm wrong... I guess 'technically it is a "new version".

You have to admit that most of these things (at least to me) feel like, what would be normal incremental feature 'upgrades' rather than being called a "new version" A bit strange... no? yes?

Is it me? Because so far nobody else is saying much about this "new version". Not much excitement. Or is everyone just to damn tired to rehash things? Not that I want to mind you... just wondering
    if I'm in a minority or something.

Oh well, it tis' what it tis'... c'est la vie. I'm afraid that I'm back to anticipation mode of what Serif might come up with for a web design app before the 'next' year "new version" of XDP... shame.

Cliff
    http://pianomagicnewsletter.com/ (never done - never time for me)

Quote Originally Posted by cmpan1 View Post
    Have to say that I'm a bit underwhelmed with the "new version". This is what a 'year' in development brought?
    Cliff
    Hi Cliff,

No, this is not the new features for the year, only since July, thus this is an incremental upgrade for those who are still on the 365 program. Check out the rest of the features issued over the last year here on the Xara page.

Xara mentioned earlier somewhere that they were going to issue a new version (not 13 as Magix is superstitious), and here it is. It contains all of the new features issued over the last year plus the ones mentioned for Nov. 2017.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    Hi Cliff,

No, this is not the new features for the year, only since July, thus this is an incremental upgrade for those who are still on the 365 program. Check out the rest of the features issued over the last year here on the Xara page.

Xara mentioned earlier somewhere that they were going to issue a new version (not 13 as Magix is superstitious), and here it is. It contains all of the new features issued over the last year plus the ones mentioned for Nov. 2017.
    I hear you browj2... but at your provided link the first paragraph on that page says...
    "New since v11: If you already own Designer Pro X11 or earlier then you'll find plenty to get excited about in our brand new version. We have some powerful new photo tools, significant text enhancements and a huge increase in content, and web designers will want to check out parallax scrolling effects, new animation types and new sticky effects to name just a few. And it doesn't end there, because there are some significant improvements in Xara Online Designer too."

So maybe it's just a psychological thing that when one (I) hear(s) "new version" up from 12 to 15, one would expect some major things to happen as the "New since v11" stated above. And in 'my' case, I would have been mentally more at ease if I heard words "new updates to your 365 program"... then I might have said/thought "oh, fine, some added some new features to the app., great".

But just by 're-numbering it' - 're-naming it' - 'calling it something else', does that really make it a "new version"? I don't know, maybe I'm just being too picky about the verbiage, but just what my gut was feeling what I saw those words...
    "new version"

All the best
    Cliff
    http://pianomagicnewsletter.com/ (never done - never time for me)

Quote Originally Posted by Fred C View Post
    Who cares?
    Very true.

Noone cares anymore that a TG user with over 15k contributions mentions that not even bother to try out the new version.

Personally I think that is quite sad, being in sync with the feeling coming to TG like to empty streets, XaraXone empty, no Christmas tree, two drawings per week in Art Gallery. But if the money comes there then ok.