Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: New Versions of Xara Designer Pro X(15)

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    Why not ask the customer which language pack he/she wants to install?...
    And to take that a step further, why not just install all available languages and be able to switch at will? That's what Quark does with QuarkXPress:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-001573.png 
Views:	149 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	119511

Guest Guest

Ah! A small success:
    By removing the file XaraXDEU.dll in C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\15 I at least got my English UI back. Some messages are still in German, but the menus and commands are in English.

So, in fact the English language files must have been a part of the German download - even less understandable why you can't switch languages at will.
    Last edited by Guest; 14 December 2017 at 10:50 PM.

I am very underwhelmed by this release. It seems it has been a very long time since there has been a legitimate update. It does seem like other applications are catching up or have surpassed xara. This does not inspire confidence. It’s a shame. I really like using xara. But it does feel like it’s future is in doubt.....and it has felt this way for too long now.

I would like to know the thinking behind labeling this release 15. Anybody from Xara/Magix care to explain? As so many of you have noted, there is not a lot added to this update.

And I would like to know why this is not a point release as before so we don't have to reinstall and recustomize the whole setup. This is an minor update and not an upgrade requiring a full install.

In addition, the disappointing updates and the new installation hassle don't justify the massive price increase for the update service (which was against earlier promises anyway) we have had to pay.

apparently the move to magix distribution cause the numbering to jump from 12 to 15 - Kate [as I recall] refered to this elsewhere, somthing to do with synchronising into the magix product [distribution?] line so it has to be done now - and that would surely have made it necessary to make it a full rather than a point release, can't have a '15' that is the 'same' as a '12', defeats the object of the numbering
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by ernie-f View Post
    Yep, did it. But Magix has see I'm in Germany and install the German version. Since all the years I work only with the English version of Xara products and now I must complete reorganize my tools to find them. Is there a way to switch to a English version? I dont find a way.

I will play around and see if there are more new function until the magic resize. My first view says no, no new drawing things. Maybe I'm wrong and I havn't find them yet.
    Hello,

I think there is. I once played with the German trial version, and managed to change the language to US. Go to your program folder and look for a file with the name of XaraXEnu.dll, if it is there you should be able to do the trick. There is a similar German language file installed (I am not sure what the exact name is), remove it from the folder and you should be back in the English version.

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    Hello,

I think there is. I once played with the German trial version, and managed to change the language to US. Go to your program folder and look for a file with the name of XaraXEnu.dll, if it is there you should be able to do the trick. There is a similar German language file installed (I am not sure what the exact name is), remove it from the folder and you should be back in the English version.
    To solve this and some more problems like the missing content I spend money to Magix. I call there supportline for 1,24 €/minute. My phonecall durating more then 5 minutes, so I pay more then 6,- € for a information that may be included in the installscript. Here's the answer from Magix:

„Um die Sprache bei der Installation bestimmen zu können, starten Sie die Setup-Datei mit dem "-force" Befehl. Klicken Sie dazu auf das Windowssymbol in Ihrer Taskleiste und geben Sie den Pfad der Installationsdatei an und dahinter -force. Es könnte dann ungefähr so aussehen:
    C:\Users\Benutzername\Downloads\trial_designerprox 15_dlm.exe -force”

and violá

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	language.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	119515

BTW the whole Installation Script is a joke. No options to change or repair the installation, only to uninstall is the option.

Guest Guest

Thanks for clearing this up!
    If you happen to be in Kiel sometime, I'll buy you a beer - to mitigate your losses from that phone call...

Thanks, if I come to Kiel I give You a massege and then WE buy US some beers. Cheers.