Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mobile Variant issues - can't get phone link to work and text is pushed right

I'm using Xara Web Designer Premium 12.6.2.49603 DL x64
    I'm checking my mobile site with my Samsung Galaxy S7
    www.DavidsAppliance.biz

When I check my mobile variant site on my PC by squeezing the browser window down the text is centered nicely, but when I check my site on my phone the right side of the text is cut off. After fiddling around with it for a while I've discovered the text boxes are getting pushed over to the right a little. The photos and objects stay centered properly but the text won't hold still. I'm working on a 480 wide site but the text gets chopped at what would be the 425 mark. But again, it looks fine on my PC screen.
    Maybe it's just some weird setting on my phone.

Also I've been arguing with the phone number link for two or three hours. I've entered my phone number in the "Link to web or email address" window with "tel:" just before it but it won't work on my phone. I tried putting a space between the "tel:" and the number but that didn't work (didn't think it would but I was getting desperate). Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phone numb properties.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	119479
    Does having the menu button interfere with the phone link somehow? I can't imagine it would but I don't know how this software works. Heck, I don't know how ANY software works.

Now after arguing with it for hours the text for the phone number won't stay the right size either. It should be the same style as the menu button but it's changed to a tiny black font.

It's 8 in the morning and I've been at this all day yesterday and all night. I think I need to get some rest. Maybe it'll work better after I get some sleep.

Default Re: Mobile Variant issues - can't get phone link to work and text is pushed right

Shows up fine in my iPhone X.

Default Re: Mobile Variant issues - can't get phone link to work and text is pushed right

What about the size and color of the phone number? Does it look the same as the word "menu" on the menu button? And does that work to make a phone call by just tapping that?
    Maybe my phone won't call it because there's something in the system that recognizes its own phone number.
    Thanks for your help!

Phone number is big and in blue but is not working. the syntax tel:4146872652 is correct.

Try bringing the button to the front and see if that works.

Well after getting some sleep and coming back at it with more patience I was able to get the phone call link to work. I made several changes so I don't know which one fixed it. I ungrouped the whole thing and removed all web properties then grouped it all together again and reset it. I also brought it forward one layer. I have to say though that when I brought it forward yesterday the whole button disappeared.
    It's working now so I ain't messing with it.

However the text boxes are still sliding off the right side of the page on my phone. I haven't made any settings adjustments to my phone so I'm thinking maybe it's an android thing.
    I'd like to get it fixed properly without resorting to some halfassed patch like narrowing the right side of all text boxes. That would just make it look weird on other platforms.

This is what my home page looks like on my phone: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	text cut screenshot.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	119487

Very frustrating.

Fine on my iphone5. I'll charge up one of my android phones & check tomorrow.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg. I've been trying to find a friend with an android phone to check but of course the only people I can get ahold of have apple.

Works fine on my samsung note4 - but - when I tap the menu button, the drop down only shows 3 submenus with the very top of the fourth item just showing.
    I would make your logo, phone number button and menu buttons smaller. And yes, the phone number link works

Thanks LGF! It's still messed up on my phone but maybe it's just something to do with the settings on it.
    I did smoosh the logo, phone button, and menu button together a little at the top. I know you have to scroll down a little to get to all the menu but I'm thinking (hoping?) folks will understand that.

Maybe someday when I have more energy and patience I'll rework those buttons. For now it'll have to do.