Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default TEXT ON PAGE IS NOT FLOWING IN RESPONIVE WEBSITE

good morning,

gould somebody tell me what i'm doing wrong.

in a preview of my site the text is not flowing smaller or wider when i adjust the size from wide to mobile by changing the size of the window in preview window or in Explorer.

rgds Musicdiver

Default Re: TEXT ON PAGE IS NOT FLOWING IN RESPONIVE WEBSITE

Can you give us a link?

And did you refresh the page first (Ctrl + F5) ?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Can you give us a link?

And did you refresh the page first (Ctrl + F5) ?
    hi,

sorry can't give you a link because website is not uploaded yet. but if i look in preview and make the window smaller too change the view from 1200 to 960 to 480 px is only goes in 3 steps now fluent like in other website i've seen ( like www.padi.com) if you make this site smaller you see the text flow underneed each other .

i hope i could explain the problem a little bit better.

rgds Musicdiver

Xara does not make responsive mobile sites. You would have to manually position the text for 480 or your tablet version.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Xara does not make responsive mobile sites. You would have to manually position the text for 480 or your tablet version.
    xara 365 makes responsive websites they say? what is there responsive then?

Technically, Xara sites are adaptive, meaning that depending on the screen size the respective variant is shown. The great advantage of this approach is that the designer can design the sites exactly how he/she wants it due to the WYSIWYG capabilities of the program. Responsive sites don't use fixed positions for the elements so the designer has less control over how the site looks. An advantage of responsive sites is that you don't have to worry about variants.

Responsive websites while easier for the designer, are not in my opinion the best direction because the content changes at each monitor or device resolution. Sometimes the results are less than attractive.

Xara's approach (which is not responsive in the true sense of the term) lets you design for one or more other variants, cell phone, tablet, big monitor. So while content can be shared among variants, the design of each variant is up to you the designer.

I like this because what I design for a normal computer monitor will be more complex. But when I design a variant for a mobile device, with often slower download speeds, I want to simplify the content to work specifically for that device.

The latest release of Web Designer makes this a little easier with Auto Fit To Page which gives you the ability to adjust the content to a different page size. But the designer still needs to tailor the material to work best with the browser size.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Technically, Xara sites are adaptive, meaning that depending on the screen size the respective variant is shown. The great advantage of this approach is that the designer can design the sites exactly how he/she wants it due to the WYSIWYG capabilities of the program. Responsive sites don't use fixed positions for the elements so the designer has less control over how the site looks. An advantage of responsive sites is that you don't have to worry about variants.
    thanks for your info.
    but in my 3 sizes 460, 980 and 1200 px i everytime have to adjust the sizes if i share with the the other 2 variants. nothing fits. its like building 3 websites
    could it be done an easier way?

rgds musicdiver

For help with text, look in the Help file under "Styles" Perhaps this post helps as well: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...606#post584606.

With regards to graphics, you might want to use the Auto Fil feature that was just added to WDP. I don't have experience with it yet because I'm using XDP which has not been update yet.