I've posted about this page on a website before but this is a slightly different issue. I have a list of words on the left that, when clicked, each triggers a popup layer. Previously the issue was that if you clicked anywhere on the layer, it closed (which is what it's supposed to do I know) but my client wasn't happy with that. So I have a transparent layer on the mouse off layer that links to a "back to top" anchor. I also linked all the text on that layer to the "back to top" anchor

Issue #1 - When I group all the text on the layer then the "back to top" anchor works fine. But I can't group it due to text is needed for SEO. So when I ungroup it, if you run your mouse over the text at the bottom of the layer, you can see spots in between the rows of words where the "back to top" isn't working. This wouldn't bother most people but my client isn't happy with that. The only other work around I can think of is to cover the entire popup layer with a transparent box. Dumb question ... if I cover text with a transparent box does that hide it from SEO? I wouldn't think so but need to be sure.

Issue #2 - If you click on the list to the left to open a popup layer ... then scroll down ... then click another item on the list to the left (without scrolling up first) it doesn't bounce you back to the top of the new popup layer. Can you think of any way to resolve this? I don't see how to link a word to a popup layer and a "back to top" anchor at the same time.

Here is a temporary folder where you can view the website. I ungrouped the text on the Office layer so you can see the difference.
http://www.casteendesign.com/bc/projects.htm

Help is greatly appreciated!