I'm new---just registered!

I bought the Xara 11 program yesterday for a sale price of $49 or so. I started a discount coupon biz and need to print customized coupons and was hoping that this program would suit my needs. I'm sure it does, but I am having issues and I came here for help, so thanks in advance.

I'm trying to turn an 8.5"x11" page into four coupons by adjusting the page size to 4.25"x5.5", which will give me space for blending in-between the coupons. I figure if I can type up one coupon in the first block, then I can copy and paste into the other blocks.

Thus the problem. When I go to 'file', then 'page options', then 'page size', I have the option to edit the 'paper size' under 'custom'. But when I type in the above dimensions, it doesn't work properly. My print shop expert at Office Depot told me that in MS Publisher I would go to the page size page, click 'create different page size', and type in the dimensions. He showed me and did it in under a minute. He was able to make a doodle template on 1/4 of the page, then copy and paste into the other quadrants. But I can't do it in Xara 11.

I've watched the videos (most are geared toward the earlier version 10) and searched google. And none of the templates will work for what I need.

I hope I explained this problem well enough to garner a solution. Any takers?