Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default ECWID and Variants

So for some reason the main site shows the ecwid store no issues ( http://www.parlay8.com ) but if i create the web variants for mobile then the web store only shows on mobile and not on the main site........ ive deleted the widgets and re installed them as well as deleted the mobile variant and re done them.

Currently i have just deleted the mobile variant pages which allows the main site stores to work.

thoughts ?

Default Re: ECWID and Variants

Quote Originally Posted by wknight4627 View Post
    So for some reason the main site shows the ecwid store no issues ( http://www.parlay8.com ) but if i create the web variants for mobile then the web store only shows on mobile and not on the main site........ ive deleted the widgets and re installed them as well as deleted the mobile variant and re done them.

Currently i have just deleted the mobile variant pages which allows the main site stores to work.

thoughts ?
    Possibly, each Placeholder is using an HTML ID to load. If so, only the first found one will work. You may need to change the ID for each Placeholder used.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn,

For those of us that do not have as much knowledge on making websites, are you saying that they need to make a separate placeholder on the mobile variant with it's own HTML code for the ECWID store? Or is the ID something else?

Ray

Look it up with ECWID, I believe they have a separate code for mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    Acorn,
    For those of us that do not have as much knowledge on making websites, are you saying that they need to make a separate placeholder on the mobile variant with it's own HTML code for the ECWID store? Or is the ID something else?
    Ray
    Ray, I was suggesting that you will need a separate Placeholder but further each has to be unique. If ECWID references an ID in its code that the same ID/Placeholder across Main and Variants will fail.

This was only a suggestion.

ECWID seems to use a structure like:

<div><script charset="utf-8"src="https://app.ecwid.com/script.js?1003">
    </script>

<script>xCategories();</script>
    </div>

If this appears in several Placeholders on a page then all seem to render.
    On the basis of this short test, the same should work on all Variants.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I’m a little confused as to were to locate the place holder Id

Quote Originally Posted by wknight4627 View Post
    I’m a little confused as to were to locate the place holder Id
    I was trying to point out there is no ID and multiple Placeholders work.

Acorn