Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Cylindrical Panoramic Full-width Slider

Another one of my experimental goes. This time is is for a cylindrical panoramic viewer that scales to the width of the browser window.
    Do not try to use Xara's Full width Stretchy; I used margin-left: 50%; transform: translateX(-50%); as an alternative that is not affected by Xara's built-in code.

In use, you open the Panorama layer and change the image to your own.
    The image must keep the Name, filename=panorama.
    The rest is "explained" in the web page.
    It uses quite a number of Xara "tweaks" that I will list here:

1. Name: filename=panorama, to keep the same filename for the image
    2. Name: UsesJQuery, to include <script src="index_htm_files/jquery.js"></script>
    3. Embed file: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+A to include <script src="index_htm_files/jquery.pano.js"></script>
    4. Link: popup: close “Panorama” to ensure objects on a hidden layer are still published

The Placeholder box is locked but can be unlocked when you understand what you want to examine.
    The height of the box can be varied as can its width but it must remain vertically centred.

It seems to work as a Repeating Object correctly in a Conventional site and will only appear on the first page of a Supersite.

jQuery Pano.web

Acorn
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Acorn; 03 December 2017 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Incorrect design file
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Cylindrical Panoramic Full-width Slider

Acorn - In your web file there are two columns of script. Is the second column a continuation of the bottom script?

And can you post an example of how this looks?

Smile Re: Cylindrical Panoramic Full-width Slider

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Acorn - In your web file there are two columns of script. Is the second column a continuation of the bottom script?

And can you post an example of how this looks?
    Gay, yes, it is a continuation and to see it working Preview the file.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

When I preview I only see text.

Same here.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Exclamation Re: Cylindrical Panoramic Full-width Slider

The image didn't load, despite it being in the WEB file.

jQuery Pano.web

Downloaded and checked from TG and is all there now!
    Corrected in original Post as well.

Acorn

Got it this time. Is there a way to make it continuous and automatic?

It's working now. Sometimes -- when making the panorama scroll with the mouse -- some JQuery code flashes by on top of the panorama.

Did I say it was experimental? All I have tried is to make jquery.pano.js work in a Xara setting.

You can click, drag and release a chevron and you start a rotation but is slows down fairly quickly.
    I've not seen any flashing; the hard part was to scale the viewer to the width of the browser and as this is always hunting for a change, it is possible some browsers are a bit precious.

I only tried it as Xara doesn't seemed to have one.

Acorn

Hello All, is there anyone in or outside Xara that produces "Panoramic Sliders" that will work with Xara WD 365 Premium? I seem to recall a program called "Nivo" that produced a graphics that spanned the width of the screen. If so, please send links.

However, I don't know if there is a way to make a slider automatically know screen size. These are just come questions I have. I am not at the place, technically, to be able to write code, etc to develop a panoramic slider. So, I would be willing to pay for one that can be changed to meet whatever need I might have in the future. Any suggestions?? Thanks much.

robert