Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xara slide show widget

Hi all,
    I'm working on a new website and am using the xara slideshow widget, but the navigation arrows don't show when I preview the site - either in WDP's preview or in any browser - please see screen shots attached.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara slideshow.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	119401Click image for larger version. 

Name:	widget in WDP.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	119402
    In early November, xara removed this widget from the online gallery and said they would re-upload it in MID NOVEMBER - it's STILL NOT AVAILABLE - so what I did was copy the slide show from an old site an paste it into the new website which then allowed me to edit it. I don't know if the above issue has anything to do with this.
    If you need to go the the rough site, it's here: http://www.waterfront-property.co.za/

Default Re: Xara slide show widget

Sorry, can't tell. Getting an internal program error each time when trying to edit a copy of the widget.
    Can only change the existing slideshow and add arrows (which works then) but can't get the widget to display a new slideshow.

Can another TG member help - needs this to work for a new client's website....

No nav arrows but do you really need them? The images are dynamic and the effect is terrific and clean just as it is.

If you have to have arrows etc. then try Visual Slideshow or WOW Slider. Both of these require a purchase but you get more control.

The process works like this. Create the slideshow and publish to a folder (I do this on my desktop).

In the folder is an index.html file and two folders, Data and Engine.

Create a placeholder the size of the slides

Open the index file with wordpad and copy the body portion as indicated to the body section of the placeholder and copy and paste the head portion to the head area.

When you publish your page, upload the data and engine folders to your root directory.

LGF, the buttons are there but for some reason not visible nor clickable. Perhaps you saved them this wat to the Xara file and can't re-adjust them now without the widget?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tg-upload.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	119410  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    No nav arrows but do you really need them? The images are dynamic and the effect is terrific and clean just as it is.

If you have to have arrows etc. then try Visual Slideshow or WOW Slider. Both of these require a purchase but you get more control.

The process works like this. Create the slideshow and publish to a folder (I do this on my desktop).

In the folder is an index.html file and two folders, Data and Engine.

Create a placeholder the size of the slides

Open the index file with wordpad and copy the body portion as indicated to the body section of the placeholder and copy and paste the head portion to the head area.

When you publish your page, upload the data and engine folders to your root directory.
    Thanks GW - I also prefer it clean but for other webdesigns, I would like to have this issue fixed - I've logged a ticket with xara support

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    LGF, the buttons are there but for some reason not visible nor clickable. Perhaps you saved them this wat to the Xara file and can't re-adjust them now without the widget?
    Hi Egg - I can access the xara widget but it seems that somethings not right - I just tried adding navigation bullets - show in WDP but not in he preview....

OK - sorted.
    Downloaded and ran the new v15 - downloaded the slideshow widget - copied from the v15 cache and pasted into v12.6 cache - works!

Good to hear LGF
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Great,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat