Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: A Letter from Xara's new CEO Matt Bolton

At this rate I will have to renew just to get what Xara said they were going to fix 5 months ago. I am really starting to question their focus on making upgrades to the desktop version.

Ray

@MB365, Matt, my licence for XWDP has already gone past its renewal date for the Update Service. My XDPX is flagging me for a renewal by 02 June 2018. I am sure that in the hiatus of over 5 months to release this V.15 update, a number of your Customers will have chosen not to renew as there was nothing to show for the financial outlay.

On one hand, it could be a marketing strategy to waste off the customer base for the Desktop applications in favour of your B2B SaaS model, or, on the other hand, it could just be bad luck that the handover to Magix for installation integration has taken so, so long.

Going forward, could Xara not consider rewarding contributors to trapping error events, reporting Bugs, submitting design templates, suggesting improvements, extensions for delays or interacting within a beta testing scheme with small, cumulative extensions to the expiry of their Update Service?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

One of the Best things Xara can do is keep the Desktop programs Home owned. Forget the cloud based programs where one has to be online to use 'your' software. I don't buy cloud based software. Hopefully Matt will read this.. This trend for cloud based programs is a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Daver1 View Post
    One of the Best things Xara can do is keep the Desktop programs Home owned. Forget the cloud based programs where one has to be online to use 'your' software. I don't buy cloud based software. Hopefully Matt will read this.. This trend for cloud based programs is a bad idea.
    Mr. Bolton has not responded here since March, obviously nothing new to report from Magix Towers. The cloud scheme is wonderful for those who are in the business of coining in the money from this wheeze, but not so much for anyone shelling out for the virtual product, which is virtually non-existent. Nothing, I repeat, nothing of any real value has been added to the software in well over a year. Nothing to report, so one can only assume there's nothing to pay out for...unless somebody in the know has anything to add, but I somehow doubt it.
    It is all becoming rather predictable and tedious beyond belief. They have squandered all the goodwill that once existed.
    Bob.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    Release 15.2 is already planned and will again be released in 3-4 months, consistent with our average of 3-4 releases / year. Matt
    Matt, 3 months would have been 23 June 2018. 4 months will be 23 July 2018. v15.1 limped in on 03 May 2018; delayed by Magix integrators...

...just in passing, for over a hour today, Magix Support is still not accessible - https://support2.magix.com/customer/. The Online Content Catalogue is not accessible.
    Conveniently Xara Cloud is up.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It would be wise for Xara to pay attention to those who like their product. By complicating matters by paying for updates and making it so someone who has the risk of losing their updates after a re-install Xara is risking losing there customer base. Go back to the way it was with XDP11 everyone was happy with that arrangement. I say this because I like Xara I don't want to see them go under.

oh thanks hans, nice one
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by haakoo View Post
    I wonder if the Xara Desktop applications are included as sureties?

Acorn