Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: A Letter from Xara's new CEO Matt Bolton

I seem to remember we had a representative of Magix who was going to participate in this forum who showed up for one or two announcements and now has gone missing.

We're trying to be loyal here, but it would be nice to have some response.

Most Welcome to TalkGraphics Matt. Hope you will do great job!

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I seem to remember we had a representative of Magix who was going to participate in this forum who showed up for one or two announcements and now has gone missing.

We're trying to be loyal here, but it would be nice to have some response.
    I think that loyalty is a two-way street, Gary. This seems to be a cul-de-sac.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    Hi Acorn,

I appreciate you keeping us honest in a positive way. Desktop release 15.1 is in QA and is expected to be publicly available in the next few weeks. (Thank you to the many beta testers of the new features). Release 15.2 is already planned and will again be released in 3-4 months, consistent with our average of 3-4 releases / year.

There will always be more releases to Xara Online compared to the Desktop for the foreseeable future. First, it is much simpler development process to build, test, release a SaaS solution than a desktop solution. Second is product complexity. Xara Desktop is so feature rich that even little changes can have a large impact on other parts of the product, thus resulting in longer development and QA cycles. Last but not least is product maturity. Xara Online still needs some of the basics and those items can be built and released fast.

I hope this helps answer a few of your questions.

Kind regards,
    Matt
    Matt, we seem to run on different clocks out here. Tomorrow will be 5 weeks since you advised "Desktop release 15.1 is in QA and is expected to be publicly available in the next few weeks."
    Also this following Sunday will be your 150th days as Xara CEO and the six-month point is fast approaching in early May since your company released any update for its products.

To be "consistent with (y)our average of 3-4 releases / year", when will your Customers see any benefit of the Update Service?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I can only state my support for Acorns comments. of time.

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg, you will have hatched, I'll be out of saplinghood and H*** will have frozen over before Xara fronts up.
    Even UK's TSB's boss can admit "We are on our knees."

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Matt, we seem to run on different clocks out here. Tomorrow will be 5 weeks since you advised "Desktop release 15.1 is in QA and is expected to be publicly available in the next few weeks."
    Also this following Sunday will be your 150th days as Xara CEO and the six-month point is fast approaching in early May since your company released any update for its products.

To be "consistent with (y)our average of 3-4 releases / year", when will your Customers see any benefit of the Update Service?

Acorn
    All - A few unforeseen issues have cropped up which required me to delay the release of 15.1. Both teams at Xara and Magix are working to hard to solve them and release the product. The delay of 15.1 has no impact on our future release schedule.

Thanks,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    All - A few unforeseen issues have cropped up which required me to delay the release of 15.1. Both teams at Xara and Magix are working to hard to solve them and release the product. The delay of 15.1 has no impact on our future release schedule.
    Thanks, Matt
    Looking forward to the release.

Acorn

The delay of 15.1 has no impact on our future release schedule
    I do seriously hope that does not end up making you a hostage to fortune...

Holding our breath .... but thank you for an update!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host