Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: A Letter from Xara's new CEO Matt Bolton

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Matt, you have had 100 days since the announcement that you are the new Xara CEO. I am taking the opportunity of your kind offer to enquire about Xara's plans.
    In that time, using TalkGraphics as a bellwether, you will have also seen the passion and the skill by many TGers in the art and craft in using your products to their full potential.

Despite your "We will continue, as we always have, to release new features and performance improvements on a consistent basis", your Desktop customers have only had one release on 08 December last year.

In your aggressive pursuit of the business market, you have declared that "Xara Online will work seamlessly with Xara Desktop" and that your current Desktop customers will reap the benefits.
    In your tenure, there have been 5 Xara Online Designer (XOD) updates to one for the Desktop application. Xara Online Designer is necessarily playing catch-up to the current Desktop functionality as XOD is still in beta, three years in beta.

My open question is simply this - Are XOD and Desktop development so wedded together that any change in the codebase of the Desktop applications now needs to be refactored into XOD?

Our investment with you is not just in money, it is in our investment in a fantastical tool,
    Acorn
    @Matt, I thought I had a belated reply from you and Xara in my email this week, it turned out to be a well-crafted SPAM around the lack of any update information or timing.

TGers beware. Someone is exploiting the possibility of an upgrade to version 15 with Easter goodies.

I never keep SPAM and delete them so as not to give them the chance to disrupt.
    Check Xara/Magix websites directly or drop into TalkGraphics. Do not follow any email links without being really sure.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: A Letter from Xara's new CEO Matt Bolton

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    .... belated ....
    Appropriate adjective.