Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: A Letter from Xara's new CEO Matt Bolton

Right. Magix have a tel. support but very expensiv. Here the original Text from German website:

Techniksupport telefonisch: Deutschland: 0900 1771115 € 1,24 inkl. MwSt. pro Minute aus dem deutschen Festnetz.
    Die Preise aus Mobilfunknetzen sind oft bedeutend höher. Montag-Freitag (werktags): 9:00-17:00 Uhr.
    Österreich: 0900 454571 Schweiz: 0900 454571 € 1,56 / CHF 1,50 inkl. MwSt. pro Minute.
    Die Preise aus Mobilfunknetzen sind oft bedeutend höher. Montag-Freitag (werktags): 9:00-17:00 Uhr.

Quelle: http://www.magix.com/de/support/tech...nterstuetzung/
    Follow us: Google+ | Facebook

Google translation:
    Technical support by phone: Germany: 0900 1771115 € 1.24 incl. VAT per minute from the German landline.
    The prices from mobile networks are often significantly higher. Monday-Friday (weekdays): 9: 00-17: 00.
    Austria: 0900 454571 Switzerland: 0900 454571 € 1,56 / CHF 1,50 incl. VAT per minute.
    The prices from mobile networks are often significantly higher. Monday-Friday (weekdays): 9: 00-17: 00.

Source: http://www.magix.com/en/support/technical-support/
    Follow us: Google+ | Facebook

I had this support for cca. 5 minutes. Then I got an e-mail support but not all the help I needed. After my last question I have not heard anything from Magix support. That's all sad and poor.
    Xara Desinger Pro? Where is the Pro? I can't see it.

Question Re: A Letter from Xara's new CEO Matt Bolton

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Bolton (via Barbara B) View Post
    Hello TG Community,

I want to share the news with you that I am the new CEO of Xara. I would like to personally thank our valued customers and partners for their continued support of Xara’s products and services. I am thrilled to be here, and I’m truly excited about the many initiatives we are working on and the future direction of the company.

In my short time at Xara, a few things have really stood out to me. Xara has:

1. A passionate, loyal customer base that any company would be proud to have;
    2. A technology stack that is as good, if not better than many;
    3. And a hard-working, ‘can do’ team that is willing to tackle all challenges put in front of them.

It is our job to implement, execute, and communicate properly to realize the full potential of Xara, and in doing so, continue to build on the trust established over the company’s 36 years in business with you.

There are a few topics that I believe you deserve clarification and guidance on:

Firstly, Xara is a 100% independent company. Xara and MAGIX have had a long and prosperous sales and marketing distribution partnership and with the recent announcement, we are expanding the agreement to worldwide for our desktop solutions. This is in direct alignment with our initiatives at Xara and the global expansion happening at MAGIX. I have no doubt that MAGIX will service and support Xara desktop product owners to our standards.

Secondly, Xara is not pivoting from the Desktop products. We will continue, as we always have, to release new features and performance improvements on a consistent basis. What we are doing is investing in new areas of growth, but the existing business around the Desktop products remains strong. The rich content creation market is massive yet highly competitive and we believe Xara is well positioned to drive the market forward.

The third is that we aim to attack the business market with Xara Online and we will be delivering a feature set consistent with those requirements. Xara Online will work seamlessly with Xara Desktop files which allows Desktop customers to reap the benefits of these complementary features. It is our job to best balance all customer feedback as we aggressively grow the customer base in new markets.

Again, I am very excited to be driving Xara’s growth and, most of all, support our customers. If you have any questions about Xara and our plans, please feel free to contact me directly at any time. I can be reached at mattbolton@xara.com.

Kind regards,
    Matt
    Matt, you have had 100 days since the announcement that you are the new Xara CEO. I am taking the opportunity of your kind offer to enquire about Xara's plans.
    In that time, using TalkGraphics as a bellwether, you will have also seen the passion and the skill by many TGers in the art and craft in using your products to their full potential.

Despite your "We will continue, as we always have, to release new features and performance improvements on a consistent basis", your Desktop customers have only had one release on 08 December last year.

In your aggressive pursuit of the business market, you have declared that "Xara Online will work seamlessly with Xara Desktop" and that your current Desktop customers will reap the benefits.
    In your tenure, there have been 5 Xara Online Designer (XOD) updates to one for the Desktop application. Xara Online Designer is necessarily playing catch-up to the current Desktop functionality as XOD is still in beta, three years in beta.

My open question is simply this - Are XOD and Desktop development so wedded together that any change in the codebase of the Desktop applications now needs to be refactored into XOD?

Our investment with you is not just in money, it is in our investment in a fantastical tool,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Well put, acorn. Respectful, well organized.

I'm with you.

My concentration isn't as good as it used to be; I find myself playing Candy Crunch rather than exploring Xara's new features, but I'm definitely on board and would like to set sail with new features and versions post-haste.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tugboat.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	120335

My Best,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post

Name:	tugboat.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	120335
    Toot toot!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Weight anchors, cast off, and set sail!

(I think that's Pirate Talk)

On to Xara Designer MCMXLVII !

Name:	Ship-on-monotomy-board.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	154.3 KB 
ID:	120336

Pass GO!

Name:  MedumSmily.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  5.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Matt, you have had 100 days since the announcement that you are the new Xara CEO. I am taking the opportunity of your kind offer to enquire about Xara's plans.
    In that time, using TalkGraphics as a bellwether, you will have also seen the passion and the skill by many TGers in the art and craft in using your products to their full potential.

Despite your "We will continue, as we always have, to release new features and performance improvements on a consistent basis", your Desktop customers have only had one release on 08 December last year.

In your aggressive pursuit of the business market, you have declared that "Xara Online will work seamlessly with Xara Desktop" and that your current Desktop customers will reap the benefits.
    In your tenure, there have been 5 Xara Online Designer (XOD) updates to one for the Desktop application. Xara Online Designer is necessarily playing catch-up to the current Desktop functionality as XOD is still in beta, three years in beta.

My open question is simply this - Are XOD and Desktop development so wedded together that any change in the codebase of the Desktop applications now needs to be refactored into XOD?

Our investment with you is not just in money, it is in our investment in a fantastical tool,
    Acorn
    @Matt, I thought I had a belated reply from you and Xara in my email this week, it turned out to be a well-crafted SPAM around the lack of any update information or timing.

TGers beware. Someone is exploiting the possibility of an upgrade to version 15 with Easter goodies.

I never keep SPAM and delete them so as not to give them the chance to disrupt.
    Check Xara/Magix websites directly or drop into TalkGraphics. Do not follow any email links without being really sure.

Acorn

.... belated ....
    Appropriate adjective.

Acorn
    Hi Acorn,

I appreciate you keeping us honest in a positive way. Desktop release 15.1 is in QA and is expected to be publicly available in the next few weeks. (Thank you to the many beta testers of the new features). Release 15.2 is already planned and will again be released in 3-4 months, consistent with our average of 3-4 releases / year.

There will always be more releases to Xara Online compared to the Desktop for the foreseeable future. First, it is much simpler development process to build, test, release a SaaS solution than a desktop solution. Second is product complexity. Xara Desktop is so feature rich that even little changes can have a large impact on other parts of the product, thus resulting in longer development and QA cycles. Last but not least is product maturity. Xara Online still needs some of the basics and those items can be built and released fast.

I hope this helps answer a few of your questions.

Kind regards,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    Hi Acorn,
    I appreciate you keeping us honest in a positive way. Desktop release 15.1 is in QA and is expected to be publicly available in the next few weeks. (Thank you to the many beta testers of the new features). Release 15.2 is already planned and will again be released in 3-4 months, consistent with our average of 3-4 releases / year.
    There will always be more releases to Xara Online compared to the Desktop for the foreseeable future. First, it is much simpler development process to build, test, release a SaaS solution than a desktop solution. Second is product complexity. Xara Desktop is so feature rich that even little changes can have a large impact on other parts of the product, thus resulting in longer development and QA cycles. Last but not least is product maturity. Xara Online still needs some of the basics and those items can be built and released fast.
    I hope this helps answer a few of your questions.
    Kind regards, Matt
    Matt, your reply is appreciated as your Desktop application users are keen to get a version 15 that leverages your prior successes.

Having an indicative timescale is also helpful.
    Knowing that the Xara On-line Designer development is not a drag on the Desktop delivery is also promising.

To fill the gaps, how about publishing your Xara Widget schema? I am sure this is an underdeveloped area that TGers can leverage to our mutual benefit.
    Any news on the Smart Shapes API, so long promised?
    Is is sad that all the Software as a Service (SaaS) development is underway and there is no trade back into enhancing the power of Placholders.

Enjoy your Easter,
    Acorn

It is my personal hope that the new release coming in a few months will have real impact/meaning/excitement to those of us who have faithfully used the desktop version of Designer Pro for so many years. Impact in the sense that it will finally address requested improvements to already installed functions PLUS, at the very least, a few new features that will really enhance our ability to be more creative/productive with this wonderful program, Xara Designer Pro.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer