Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Online Designer vs Adobe Muse In-Browser Editing

At first let me congratulation to Matt, new CEO!

I've plenty clients they will do correct some things in there Website by them self.
    I do my Webdesign the mostly with Xara and so I'd thought to do this for my clients it can be done wth the OnlineDesigner.

But whats up? I'd tried to load a page i create. No success. It is no possible to load an existing Xara-Webfile. Only over the Cloud. To do correction on the fly – only if You have hosted the site on the Xara-Server. Dropbox for some documetns, o.k. Thats it!

O.K. I thought by my self, try a CMS. But Xara and CMS – only Xt-CMS works well with Xara. But multiple fields – no. Costs: 69,-€/domain. To expensiv for a faulty thing.

After long surch, I must say I was blind because I'm owner of a CC-License but have never look at, I fond my answer.

ADOBE-MUSE! And the Service behind: In-Browser Editing! More info: https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/using/i...y-hosting.html.

My clients are now able to change text, pics, links etc. Easy for me and my clients.

So pls Xara give the (no matter why You develop this thing I'll never use in future) Online Designer the same abbility (than I'll use it and my clients. The name Xara becomes than maybe more attention and popularity).

Greets from Germany
    Ernie

Default Re: Online Designer vs Adobe Muse In-Browser Editing

Hi Ernie,

You should be able to save your Xara file to Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive and then open it in Online Designer. You can allow your clients to edit the website themselves by creating a shared folder with them in one of those cloud drives. It is ideal for allowing them to replace images, update text, links etc.

What exact problem did you have when opening the page?

If you have any problems with Online Designer you can contact directly in the chat via intercom, I know they are good at responding quickly to that chat. They are available during normal business hours for the UK and Germany.

Hope that helps!
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by stephenh View Post
    Hi Ernie,

You should be able to save your Xara file to Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive and then open it in Online Designer. You can allow your clients to edit the website themselves by creating a shared folder with them in one of those cloud drives. It is ideal for allowing them to replace images, update text, links etc.

What exact problem did you have when opening the page?

If you have any problems with Online Designer you can contact directly in the chat via intercom, I know they are good at responding quickly to that chat. They are available during normal business hours for the UK and Germany.

Hope that helps!
    Stephen
    Hi Strphen,
    thanks for Your answer.

The problem is the hosted website on a server of choice from my clients. With Muse they are able to change content on the fly. Means on the hostet pages I created on their servers.
    Xara hasn't this! And the OnlineDesigner is worth for nothing to do what I and my clients wish.

Have You see the video from my link? If yes, than you understand my piont fo view. If no, so pls do it.

Hi,

That shouldn't be a problem in Online Designer. As long as you have saved the publish settings in desktop, your client should be able to edit it on the fly and re-publish the page.

They need to click Share > Re-Publish and enter the password.

Stephen

Adobes In-Browser Editing is so fantastic and easy. My clients don't need a program or learn a new one. The editing inside the Browser is intuitivly, like writing in a texteditor.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (37).jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	119789

Where this a challengen for Xara?
    Last edited by ernie-f; 08 January 2018 at 10:37 AM.

If your clients already use Adobe's editor and don't want a new one that is understandable. But the aim is to make an Online Designer with a rich set of features at a competitive price. There are many people out there who will find it very useful, even as an extension to the desktop program since the files are all fully compatible.

We already have the ability in Online Designer to edit text and images etc. on the fly and re-publish the website.

What else would be in your top set of features that Adobe's editor can do that you would like to see in Xara?

Regards,
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by stephenh View Post
    If your clients already use Adobe's editor and don't want a new one that is understandable. But the aim is to make an Online Designer with a rich set of features at a competitive price. There are many people out there who will find it very useful, even as an extension to the desktop program since the files are all fully compatible.

We already have the ability in Online Designer to edit text and images etc. on the fly and re-publish the website.

What else would be in your top set of features that Adobe's editor can do that you would like to see in Xara?

Regards,
    Stephen
    All that was Muse can do.
    The choice where are the website is hosted with the ability to edit it on the fly. Only that content I give free is changable for my clients.
    My clients don't like learn a program. If they would I can instal i.e. Wordpress or an other CMS. They want easy make an edit in the website I create without administration.

If You see the video You understand that Xaras Online Designer is the wrong way for me and my clients. Can Xara do a thing like Adobes In-Browser Editing it will be great.
    But for me it don't look so.