Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I installed it because I didn't know that I didn't need it, and I assumed that I would just be able to uninstall it later. It screwed up my printer, but I can't find out how to get rid of it.
    ~
    IP

I installed it because I didn't know that I didn't need it, and I assumed that I would just be able to uninstall it later. It screwed up my printer, but I can't find out how to get rid of it.
    ~
    IP

Just a thought here... could be wrong though.

You may be able to disable or "toggle" between this postscript driver and your old one. Try the print properties dialog box and check somewhere under the driver(s) drop down list. Both may be listed and the new one is the default. To be rid of it completely, and if it's an Adobe driver - you should be able to uninstall through the "Add/Remove" programs function.

Good Luck

Wayne
    IP

Nope, it's not listing or identifying anywhere.
    I installed it because I didn't know if it was for printing Postscript to a non-postscript printer, but apparently it was the other way around. It appeared to install properly (without any warnings) but the install programs on the CD don't have any remove option, and I can't find it listed anywhere.
    IP

I would think you should be able to see the listed printers from the control panel. I have removed printer drivers from there. I have several PS drivers along with the standard driver. My printer is not postscript, but I use those drivers with Acrobat. You may need to select your standard driver as the default driver. Rich
    IP

I agree with Rich...

Open Control Panel, double-click on "Printers & Faxes".

A folder opens showing a short list of the various printers/drivers you're currently using. Right click on the one that is your normal printer. In the cintext menu that appears, choose "Set as Default".

If you also see the PS drivers listed in that folder, then right-click on it/them and make sure that "Set as Defualt" is NOT checked on.

See if that has any effect.

I don't know if you'd want to just delete those PS drivers from there, because it may have an adverse effect on a program or something. Try the first method, and decide from there.
    IP

It seems to have gone away. I set Paint Shop Pro as the default image app because it's easier for me to do basic stuff with PSP, and over the course of several reboots, the problem has apparently left... -I never did see the postscript drivers actually listed anyhere though. Acrobat Distiller is set to use the Distiller driver... What is Acrobat Distiller and Acrobat 5 for, when you can just export PDF's from InDesign?
    IP

Acrobat creates two printer drivers when it is installed. Writer and Distiller. Writer is for less complex things. Distiller used the Postscript driver to create PDF files. If I select the Distiller driver, I can print from an application and create a PDF file. The file would contain vector data if the data was vector to begin with. I think it is called Distiller because it can be used to Distil EPS files to a PDF. Rich
    IP

I looked at my system at home. Because I installed Acrobat 4.05, I needed to install a postscript driver compatible with XP. I downloaded to driver file from Adobe, and installed the driver before installing Acrobat. In this system, the generic postscript driver is available plus the Distiller and Writer drivers. Also, two standard printer drivers. At work, Acrobat 5 was installed on a Win 2000 OS, and since the PS driver is compatible, I only got the Distiller and Writer Drivers. Exporting from your application is probably sending the file to Acrobat to create the file. You don't see a listing for the PS driver since it is incorporated with Distiller. You should be able to create PDFs from applications by selecting the distiller driver in the print setup. Rich
    IP