Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Creating a popup window

I currently have which is Xara Web Designer Premium and I need to create pop up windows for when the user clicks on a particular icon, at the same time current window would remain on the main screen the user is viewing.

Here is what I am looking for and why.

I would like to be able to detail my services on my webpage, but some services may require a short description to the user. I would like to add an exclamation point or "more info" icon beside each of the services which the user can click on and a small dialog box would appear providing that detail, all while remaining on the main page and without having another browser window open.

Here is a sample link that I’m talking about. Click here for a sample of what I'm talking about. If you look on the left-hand column you will see a section entitled “Call management and phone system administration”. If you hover the mouse over the exclamation point a dialog box appears providing details as to what this option is. This webpage has 5 more like it further down.

Thanks for any assistance,

Mark

Default Re: Creating a popup window

Open the Help file and type "Pop-up Layers" in the search window under the Index tab. It's quite easy to do.

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Yes, as Boy has suggested. Create a New Layer in the Page and Layer Gallery and place your content on that layer. Link to this layer. You can link with a Click or with a mouseover.

You will need a separate layer for each pop up. And if you name your layers appropriately, for example, Call Management per your sample, it will make it easier to link to the right pop up layer.

Here a web designer file you can download and see how this works.
    Attached Files Attached Files