Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Is there a created with Xara X stamp?

I would be like to credit Xara on my web pages but have been unable to find a suitable stamp. The Xara website encourages use of its logos but these are all either non-transparent or anti-aliased against the wrong colour background.

I have made my own attempt (below) but it is not something I am especially good at. Is this something the talented graphic artists in this forum can do better and perhaps make available through the XaraXone?

http://www.stopscreaming.co.uk/images/cwxx.gif

On 02-08-01 Thomas.Sorrill Administrator wrote:
    >
    >Any problem with the logos on the Xara site?
    >
    >Xara Logos <http://www.xara.com/support/logos/general/>
    >
    --------------------------------------------------

Thomas, It's not that there's is a problem, it's that those designs are NOT showing off the full capabilities of this software. As we have seen in this forum, this software has been used to create incredible simple & complex graphics, CAD images, 3D images, paintings, photo realism, and much more. So why have a simple Logo saying it when you can have your choice of the work of so many ENTHUSIASTS who are willing to take this software to it's maxium to create this Logo! I think that says it all! (Keeping in mind, of course, that what appears to be 'simply made' in Xara is in most cases a very complex procedure in the other "graphic' software packages!)

So I say 'Hat's off' to the idea of a Logo Contest! I'd be more than willing to have mine chosen... although with the competition out there I've probably got a 'snowballs chance'... not that that would stop me either.

In fact I have been working on my idea(s) already!

Reji
    The Wheel "Pushy" Brat

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ------ O
    ----- /-
    ---- ( )\\_
    The WheelBrat ~ Faisg air an Aird-a-Tuath, Canada

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Any problem with the logos on the Xara site? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it's that at all... I think it's about having some fun and when a person is proud of the site he/she did, they might want to tell the people how much fun creating the graphics for the site was ... in thier own way. I see it as good free adverts for you too.
    I also think it's great opportunity for Xara to encourage this sort of thing. A small contest like this can only mean win/win for Xara ltd, anyway.

This is by far the best (and friendliest) forum i've come across. All feel welcomed and encouraged to pursue X at thier own pace. With the likes of Gary, Ross, Ivan (bless his soul) and scores of others ... you can't beat it. So, if i'm reading you right, what's wrong with having a little fun [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]?

All the best, Wayne

(Here's my tuppance)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hello

Enough already!

Mike Engles
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara_logo_3.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	18338  

For Mike, John, Brian, and others wishing for a vector version of the Xara X logo :

On the last page of the Xara X forum (currently page 13) under the thread titled "Can I have the official logo of XARA X in xar format??", someone named Mike has attached a Flare (.web) file of an earlier simpler version of the logo saved from Xara's site, and neither Xara nor the forum moderators seems to have objected so I guess it's okay to use.

While the spacing of the final X has changed, at a very brief glance the file seems otherwise useable for people wanting something as a base for all these wonderful new logos and stamps, and who don't wish to trace over a bitmap image.

Regards, Myles.

Here's a few of the ideas I came up with:

http://www.isn.net/~reji/rejistampcollection.jpg

I have a couple of other ideas I have been playing with, as well as an animation idea... maybe I'll upload those later on. Say after I've finished up those other projects that have been set aside while I went on this "stamp adventure".

Can't say it hasn't been fun going on these "creative adventures" with Xara, I have had a blast! What I like most about this program is how "artist friendly" it is... one second you have an idea and the next it is coming alive on the screen! It's my best friend - well next to my Chihuahua that is...

Reji
    The Wheel "Stamp Collecting" Brat [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    ------ O
    ----- /-
    ---- ( )\\_
    The WheelBrat ~ Faisg air an Aird-a-Tuath, Canada

This is fun...
    Scanning effect?...
    Since I'm not very familiar with all the possibilities offered by Xara, I probably made errors or complicated the creation process of this animeated gif.

Here goes my second attemp.
    Explore the possibilities ! Blender 3D !

What if we have a contest to see who can come up with the best designed with Xara X logo?

I would think that the best solution would work both in small size, 100 x 100 pixels as well as larger.

Any takers (besides the current entries)?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

had a few minutes...

Dan Fournier
    Explore the possibilities ! Blender 3D !

Wow - I post my first message last thing at night and when I wake up in the morning you've gone and created a whole new contest. Fantastic idea, Gary. And thank you everyone for your responses.