Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: do print templates from xara resources (365) come in pantone and bleed?

thanks a mil for this professional printing and Pantone colours are not my strong suit so this is of great help

Default Re: do print templates from xara resources (365) come in pantone and bleed?

Ah ok so there is a good reason why I couldn't find any settings for pure black and white then what a shame...here's hoping it'll be added soon

You can do black and white in Xara for professional offset print.
    Only bitmaps can't be converted in greyscale in Xara. For this You need Photoshop, Affinity Photo or an other Bitmapeditor with color management.
    In the video You see how I did it.

The overprint part in Xara works only with text and vectorelements. Bitmaps or some effects like shadow will be flatend to Bitmaps and are seppareted in 4C in the PDF.
    With no named color 100% black in the CMYK-Palette the overprint doesn't work.

Hi again Ernie, this video is also showing "This video is unavailable" either within TG or on YouTube.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi again Ernie, this video is also showing "This video is unavailable" either within TG or on YouTube.
    Hi Egg,
    now it may work.

100% Black works fine. If you move the K slider down a skosh, then back to 100%, you'll find the black is indeed 100%. No need for a named 100% Black color (unless one plans on using it as an actual named color).

Or, make one's own default palette like I have. Oh, and if 100% K is desired now that there are text styles, update all the text styles and save the template...and have a backup of the palette and any templates that use it for when XDP is updated.

As for overprinting a gray bitmap, just set the transparency to Multiply. It is exactly the same as being able to overprint K in an image.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    100% Black works fine. If you move the K slider down a skosh, then back to 100%, you'll find the black is indeed 100%. No need for a named 100% Black color (unless one plans on using it as an actual named color).

Or, make one's own default palette like I have. Oh, and if 100% K is desired now that there are text styles, update all the text styles and save the template...and have a backup of the palette and any templates that use it for when XDP is updated.

As for overprinting a gray bitmap, just set the transparency to Multiply. It is exactly the same as being able to overprint K in an image.
    Hi mwenz,
    we got this in a further thread.
    And no: black unnamed don't print pure black and does not overprint. A greyscale bitmap set to multiply in the transparency made a 4 color flatten thing but not an overprinting grey image.

Right-click on the text, Imagesetting, overprint fill for the black text.

Files attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Your output is PDF/X4. In this case all transparencies saved like native.
    For my Print-Work I need PDF/X1a and there will be all transparecies flatten to 4C.

The great problem is that only a few printer shops have the new stuff to use the Adobe PDF Print Engine (APPE). An older Raster Image Processor (RIP) can't handle PDF/X4 and will flatten them to 4C. There is a workarround to make two exposed films and than print with 2 colors where black overprints.

I don't know where the mistake is, but I don't got the unnamed black from Your file as pure black in output PDF. If I name the color it works.

Thanks for Your efford.

Yes, that's true (re pdf/x-4 with transparency).

But the overprint on the image produces a similar (but not exact) result whether one is flattening transparency or not. Going with PDF/X-1a will produce a slightly darker image (in the darkest regions mostly). But I would expect and it can be compensated for on an image with high contrast.

But the main point here is that overprinting a gray image on a colored background will always produce a 4-color image in that all required inks are used.

It is only an issue if the panel/colored area is on a black/percentage of black region. In any case, though, you can export to PDF/X-4 and use Acrobat (which you have) or pdfToolbox to do the conversion to PDF/X1a and the results are identical as if you are using PDF/X-4 but with the requisite flattened transparency.