Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Default Re: do print templates from xara resources (365) come in pantone and bleed?

The live area applies to any design whether there is bleed or not. No important aspect of a design should be in the live area. This applies to text but also any logo or other design element. The live area is typically the equal of the bleed amount. This helps insure any elements that are desired not to be trimmed is not too close to the trim.

And, btw, in order to get bleed to actually hit the PDF, Xara still requires one to visit the Print dialog, click on the Options button, click on the Imagesetting tab, click on the checkbox for Output Printer's marks, make one's choices, click OK, then click on the Cancel button, then export to PDF.

And if you need to export with bleed but without any marks, like I need to do some times, you need to revisit the Print dialog, uncheck all the marks but leave the checkbox checked for Output Printer's Marks, then OK, then Cancel, then generate the PDF.

What a bunch of crap. This all should be in the Export to PDF dialog.

The only redeeming grace, as it were, is that the choice(s) one makes in the Print dialog are saved in the file. Even so, one should save a template for print work unless ya want to go through that each time. The page size can be altered on such a template and retain the bleed.

Oh, and if one needs asymmetrical bleed? Not possible.

Default Re: do print templates from xara resources (365) come in pantone and bleed?

thanks a mil for this professional printing and Pantone colours are not my strong suit so this is of great help

Hi there folks

So my brochure went off and it came out really beautifully I set the bleed margin to 3mm as the printer required and then dragged the images etc to go beyond the bleed margin, was a bit fiddly, BUT came out very pretty My ONLY problem was that it had to be in pure black and white and I didn't know how to do it, so had to hire a freelancer does anyone here know how to set pantone colours to pure black and white?

thanks in advance
    Linda