Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: do print templates from xara resources (365) come in pantone and bleed?

Yeah, thats all possible. Calas I own to. If I do Print-Designs for my personal purposes I can choose the print shop I like. So I havn't problems with PDF/X4.

For the publish companies I work, I must hold there requirements and they say: PDF/X1a, 4C. Some booktitles will be print on Digital-Print-Machines like Xerox or HP-Indigo in only 100-1.000 Ex.
    There is no matter to get black to overprint or be pure.

For the big pad heights it looks different. Most of the Printingcompanies are in China, Czech Republik or other states and they work not all with our industry standards.

You know like me, there are several ways to get there.

Servus Ernie

Default Re: do print templates from xara resources (365) come in pantone and bleed?

The different output needs, sometimes for a single job, is exactly why I use PDF/X-4, including using RGB images. They can, with Acrobat or pdfToolbox, be repurposed, even with different profiles (or none) to fit the printing equipment requirements at anytime. Most of the time it is myself that needs to change the PDF, but most all the print establishments I use (one exception being large format) can use PDF/X-4 themselves. Lucky Me!

I do wish to point out that Xara does need to take this grayscale issue further, as well as obviate the need for Acorbat/pdfToolbox to do any conversions. But it has improved in the last X number of versions. It should be possible to do this right in XDP. But then, it also still needs color management, etc. So...

Best regards, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    The different output needs, sometimes for a single job, is exactly why I use PDF/X-4, including using RGB images. They can, with Acrobat or pdfToolbox, be repurposed, even with different profiles (or none) to fit the printing equipment requirements at anytime. Most of the time it is myself that needs to change the PDF, but most all the print establishments I use (one exception being large format) can use PDF/X-4 themselves. Lucky Me!

I do wish to point out that Xara does need to take this grayscale issue further, as well as obviate the need for Acorbat/pdfToolbox to do any conversions. But it has improved in the last X number of versions. It should be possible to do this right in XDP. But then, it also still needs color management, etc. So...

Best regards, Mike
    Yeah I agree.
    Colormanagement is a must have for a design aplication that called it self „Professional”.

Deleted to bump up. Need urgent answer. xx
    Last edited by Artyboots; 07 June 2018 at 06:01 PM.