Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

HELP!! I could not start Ulead PhotoImpact 10.
    When I start it,displayed a splash photo,then closed automatically.
    IP

Hmm. don't know really... sorry

However this said I will suggest that after you see the splash pic, it usually takes some seconds yet to finish loading... in fact one of the slowest apps to load that I have ever encountered... on the other hand it is also one of the most used apps on this guys machine as well, so I put up with the slow load http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    IP

The only time I have had that happen is where I told PI where to look for all my plugins and I have a lot of them. If it is the first time that they are being recognized it may take an eon. The next time booting in should go faster. The more sophisticated programs get the more RAM they like to have, and right now RAM is cheap, may not stay that way. Put more in if you can afford it.

Under Preferences, under System, you can allocate other available scratch disks if you have them. Try not multitasking if PI is a problem for you. I know if I am building a web I like to keep a lot of programs running.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

I tried,but does not work yet. who could help,please.
    IP

How about uninstalling, cleaning the registry then reinstalling again? Might be a bad install.
    IP

I uninstall,clean registry, ooh,doesn't work. Please help me.
    IP

You did not mention if you're using a full version or an upgrade version of PI. If it was the latter, I would suppose you'll need to have an earlier version of PI installed first.
    And one thing more. When installing, make sure you don't have any other applications running in the background. Maybe you'd have to turn off anti-virus softwares temporarily, too...
    I'm no software expert, but these are the things I would try.
    IP

Maxlin, I can't think of a more terrifying episode....I would positively freak if that happened to me. Apart from restarting, have you tried reinstalling? unless of course, you can get element 5 team to renew the link for you.
    I have just a few minutes ago, installed PI 8, PI 10, Cool 360 & Photoexp for the 5th time, on this new computer called Shiba, and believe it or not, even after the store saved those programmes on disk for me, the Easy Pal still doesn't work! I have found ways around certain functions, but the programme was working well in the old computer, and I can't understand why it won't work with Shiba.
    I do hope the problem you're having will right itself asa . . .

Shirley-Q
    IP

Another thing to check is the printer. This tip I remember from the PhotoImpact Bulletin board. Try to make sure that your default printer is available, then start PI.
    Maxlin, if you haven't already tried Regseeker, don't. It's too dangerous. I tried it and accidentally deleted things that shouldn't be deleted. Luckily I made backups. I deleted the part in the previous post, just in case someone else decided to mess around with Windows' very delicate registry. Sorry, bum tip...
    IP

Hi guy! Just checking to see if you managed to right things with your computer and PI. I feel for you....let us know how you make out.
    WW
    IP