Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Uploading problems

Hi,

I have submitted a ticket to Xara on this, but while I await their reply thought I would post here as well.

I have a website designed a published using Designer Pro X, it has been fine for months, this week I made a couple of small changes, then republished.
    The updated version when viewed in a browser show text being made smaller, a lot of it out of position, font colours changed etc. and the changes I made are not showing.

I tried exporting to my windows explorer, and uploaded via Filezilla, this is the way I normally upload, but with the same results.
    If i use the preview within Xara everything seems fine,including the changes.

What am I missing?

Default Re: Uploading problems

Quote Originally Posted by Starmo View Post
    Hi,

I have submitted a ticket to Xara on this, but while I await their reply thought I would post here as well.

I have a website designed a published using Designer Pro X, it has been fine for months, this week I made a couple of small changes, then republished.
    The updated version when viewed in a browser show text being made smaller, a lot of it out of position, font colours changed etc. and the changes I made are not showing.

I tried exporting to my windows explorer, and uploaded via Filezilla, this is the way I normally upload, but with the same results.
    If i use the preview within Xara everything seems fine,including the changes.

What am I missing?
    You are missing the fact that your browser remembers the old site details.
    Others will see your republished site as planned.

If you clear your local browser cache, Ctrl+F5, all will be well.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi,

Sorry I forgot to mention I did that, I am an old hand on that one, I can clear cache many times, use another pc, it's still the same.

And, it is not just a case of not making the changes, it is showing incorrect text etc which was not on the old update

If you can Export to a local folder and run it and it all appears fine then purge all of the uploaded site and upload from the Export location.

Failing that, provide a link so we can check if it seems off to us.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I have moved this thread to Web Design Chat.

Ok, this is the latest after checking a bit more.

If I export the site to my windows explorer and run from there everything shows correctly. However if I upload to server from explorer, I get the errors.
    If i publish direct from Xara, I get the same errors.

I can purge the server and reload, using Filezilla, same problem, if I then upload my backup copy, that works fine. (also uploading from explorer)
    I have four websites, two of which I updated recently and having similar problems, any site I update then has the issue.

One site is a single page site, the only changes I made was to change the links to a Google form. When uploaded the link changes are not showing, and most text is not showing throughout the site, and what is there is off the page sideways and a different font size.