Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The best website analytics software

Good Sunday afternoon all,
    I've looked through info here regarding website page tracking and mostly found that folk use Google Analytics which provided some challenges to most users. I am using Mechanic Web Hosting and so far love it. I just this morning found some info on my cPanel regarding stats on webpages. I just completed, with the help of many here, my wife's real estate school classes website. I would love to be able to track pages on the website having to do with the classes. I want to get an idea which classes get the most attention. So, I need a counter, software or other resource that will help me keep count of which pages are visited the most on our website. I don't mind paying for something that is easy, pretty bullet proof and not too expensive. However, I don't want a monthly pay situation. If someone here is using analytical software that they find meet their needs, I would be happy to know about that. Again, I looked through the posts here but did not see much in the way of very recent post regarding users of analytical resources. I welcome all comments and suggestions. Thank you so much.

robert

Default Re: The best website analytics software

Google analytics is a very comprehensive website tracking/performance tool giving you all the information you could possibly need regarding you website.
    Register a new account and add your website. Paste the code that Google will display and paste it in the web properties/analytics tab of your website.
    As you have discovered, your hosting company also provides stats on visitors to your site.

Good Monday Morning LetsGoFishing,

Yes, as you've noticed, "Mechanic Web Hosting" does provide some stats regarding visitors to my wife's website. However, after some research, I thought about trying something besides "Google Analytics" so that I could get "Real Time/Right Now" info instead of being a day or so behind. If you use it, can you share your experience with Google please? I've read something about a program called "Clicky Web Analytics". As I've stated, my wife teaches Real Estate Classes and I want to see which classes are worth promoting first and those that should wait. I also want to see which pages produce the most traffic plus other info. I am very gung ho to get started to take a good look at whatever info I can gleen to see where to go next, plus, I want to learn how to interpret the info provided. Thanks much sir for your help and guiding comments. Finally, want to hear from anyone who is presently using "Clicky Analytics" with Xara WD 395 Premium.

robert

Hello all,
    I've decided to try "Clicky Analytics" instead of Google. I decided to go with the "Pro" version which is $79 per year. So far, I'm just trying to figure out the various configurations and info provided. The primary thing I think will be very useful to us is the fat that I can track all visitors in Real Time instead of a day later. I think that's going to work well for me as I move forward. As i've asked, if there are others using "Clicky" please share your experiences. Thanks all. I'm going back to learning "Clicky".

robert

Hi musicmanrobert,
    I haven't tried Clicky analytics, but as I said in my first reply - googles toolset is extremely comprehensive and you can get real time information - see attached screen shots - though I'm puzzled why you can't wait 1 day to see your website's data?
    After you've explored Clicky analytics, I'd be interested to hear from you what features it has over google analytics and why it's worth $79 a year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GA1.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	119387Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GA2.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	119388

Good evening to you Let'sGoFishing,

Based on the examples you displayed in your recent post, I can't really see anything in Clicky that Google does not have. I've got to say, while doing research I read a lot of reviews that appeared very positive regarding Clicky. Many folk in these reviews noted they had used Google and found it lacking in some areas. The one area they mentioned was being able to viewing visitors on their websites as it was happening. The one main thing I am having problems with is, customer service and making contact with someone at the company level. I have also noted that their Forum is down. I should have started off with their Free version instead of going with their Pro version. I just sent an email off to them and will see if I get a response. Needless to say, I am not happy sir.

robert

Hello again all,
    I did get a response back from Clicky. They explained why the Forum was down, but did not, to my satisfaction, explain why I could not find a clearer way to contact them. However, one of the things I really love about Clicky is it gives me the ability to study real time data, in order to see where visitors are spending their time, what pages they spend the most time on, and how much time they spend searching a particular webpage. This information is very important to our real estate school. We can focus on whether certain classes need to be revised or eliminated and replaced with other classes. As I stated earlier, my primary concern was, having to stumble through setting up Clicky so it would work for our purpose. So far so good.

robert

Thanks for the update.

thanks, all suggesting various analytics software but my view is google analytics is the best so far the UI change by Google and I love this new UI. Google analytics is easier and give correct information i always trust google
    thanks....

Hi
    I am trying to add Google analytics to my website and will follow your advice but how and where do i paste the code using WD Premium.
    Appreciate any help as not very techy minded. Thanks

Found the place to insert the code. Go to Web Properties, Analytic tab, Paste code from Google. Easy when you know how.
    Last edited by Tom Sparks; 03 March 2019 at 11:06 AM. Reason: New information