Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Web Designer Updated

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Cheers Kate, I shall,
    Acorn
    I got a full reply in the hour.

Basically, MAGIX create(d) a separate account with my old Xara login.

We weren't told and the password was trashed.
    On gaining a new one, you need to access MAGIX Support and not Xara Support for it to work.
    It may work through the Xara pages but I cannot get that for as I am being blocked because I have am blocking Cookies.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

customers first right.....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Aaah - thanks Acorn that will work, but really poor if xara don't make it availble again in v12

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I got a full reply in the hour.

Basically, MAGIX create(d) a separate account with my old Xara login.

We weren't told and the password was trashed.
    On gaining a new one, you need to access MAGIX Support and not Xara Support for it to work.
    It may work through the Xara pages but I cannot get that for as I am being blocked because I have am blocking Cookies.

Acorn
    I've taken a look at his answer and I read his answer differently. Your Xara and Magix accounts had different email addresses so I think he is saying that nothing should have changed, you should be able to log in to both accounts and see what you saw before. There is only an issue with passwords if you have both Xara and Magix accounts with the same email address and different passwords (in which case use the Magix password). So your old Xara login should work as before and you should see your Xara products as before. I recommend you get back to him and make it clear that you can't see the Xara products using the Xara login.

Apologies if this is a stupid question but I am totally confused by Xara's product naming - I currently have Xara Designer Pro X (12.8.1.50861) installed, will I have to wait for this to be updated or will I be able to download the new version Web designer premium use my serial number and install it alongside Pro X?

Wait for XDP to be updated.

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    I've taken a look at his answer and I read his answer differently. Your Xara and Magix accounts had different email addresses so I think he is saying that nothing should have changed, you should be able to log in to both accounts and see what you saw before. There is only an issue with passwords if you have both Xara and Magix accounts with the same email address and different passwords (in which case use the Magix password). So your old Xara login should work as before and you should see your Xara products as before. I recommend you get back to him and make it clear that you can't see the Xara products using the Xara login.
    Kate, different accounts with different passwords. The Xara account, which I have used, up to the switch, would not work. I had to "Forget my Password". When I did so, I could log into the MAGIX Support with either and see both sets of products.

What I can still not do is access Xara Support with my Xara login as it is being blocked because I am blocking Cookies. I could login with Edge bit I choose not to as it compromises my security.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Boy - thanks for the quick response.

Unfortunately I expected your response to be the case, which I find really frustrating, after buying Xara's most expensive product I find myself last in line to access new features! It would be helfpful if Xara provided even a temporary serial number to allow me full access to WD.

Nobbyy, what's in WD that you need right now?

Nobbyy, there's nothing stopping you downloading WD and free test it for a month if you can't wait for XDPX to update.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host