Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Default Re: Xara Web Designer Updated

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Did you read my post above (#44)?
    Yes, thanks. The problem is knowing what to select. It became so complicated that I ended up just changing the width variant and then manually extending the elements that don't fit.

Reading Xara release notes I got the impression that the Auto Fit and Create a variant commands are not yet fully integrated yet, so it seems that manual adjustments will be necessary.

On Lake Couchiching near Orillia, Ontario

I tried to update my Premium version, but only sent money for Web Designer in error. Consequently, I am still unable to access online features and am out of pocket US$30. How do I resolve this issue?

If I may make a general comment, this is a very poorly implemented upgrade service.
    Last edited by Windjamer; 09 December 2017 at 07:32 PM. Reason: duplicated word

I assume you purchased the update through Magix? If so, perhaps you can contact them: 1-305-722-5810 Monday to Friday 12 Noon - 4 PM CST. Good luck!

I was following Acorns #14 to update from premium 365 to v15. (Thanks Acorn!)
    I have 365 on two computers and wanted to keep them plus v15 on both. When I came to register first time, I was instructed to de-activate to be able to complete, which I did. It also said that this can't be done again for another 30 days. I put in a ticket to Xara support explaining what I wanted. The reply was:

Thank you for your message.

Version (15) and version (12) share the same two activation slots, therefore it's not possible to activate two instances of version 12 along with two instances of version 15.

If you would like us to reset your activation limit, please let us know in response to this email.

Best regards,
    Thomas

I now have v15 on both machines but not any 365 (12) which I wanted.

P.S. Xara support replied next day under 'Normal' priority.

Mick

So as of today the support page for Xara says 'new versions' of WDP, PGD & DPX were released today. Is that really a new release for WDP (update to the November version 15) or just a late post on the support site? Same goes for PGD - I already have version 15, is this an update to that?

I recently discovered a problem with Web Designer Premium 15. In Nov. 2017, I downloaded and installed the trial version onto my desktop computer, then registered it. No problem with the install process. In Jan. 2018, I also installed on my laptop using the same install file. Again, no issues with the install process.

But last week, I was attempting to update a client's website on the desktop version. One of the pages includes the contents of an Excel spreadsheet (text and images) that I copy and paste into Xara as an "Enhanced Metafile". I discovered that "Enhanced Metafile" was not shown in the dropdown menu as a choice. Only "bitmap" and the rest.

Last weekend, I tried to do the same thing on the laptop version. "Enhanced Metafile" is present in the dropdown menu on the laptop copy! How is that possible? I contacted Magix and submitted a ticket, but have not yet heard back from them. I'm hoping I can reinstall on the desktop and get this menu option back again. Anyone else seen this??

try running the desktop version as administrator [right click and select] only need to do it once
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi handrawn:
    Thanks, just tried that. No joy. Enhanced Metafile is still not shown as a choice in the dropdown menu.

are you right clicking for the context menu or using 'ctrl+V' - as far as I recall only ctrl+V gives you the EMF option [but I'm using designer pro, not web designer]

also from memory - once you make a paste special choice with ctrl+v it persists for session
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...