Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Xara Web Designer Updated

As Diep Anh - my colleague at Magix - announced yesterday (https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...f-Web-Designer ) we’ve released an update to Web Designer and Web Designer Premium.

This is a regular Update Service update but note it won’t be delivered thru the auto-update, you need to download the trial and install it. It’s free if your Update Service is current. You’ll also be able to run the 7 day trial again, even if you’ve done so before since v11.

You can download the trial on magix.com (http://www.magix.com/us/xara-web-designer/ if you are in the US, click the 'Free Trial' button) or xara.com @ http://www.xara.com/web-designer/download/.

Take a look, we'd love to hear your feedback.

Kate Moir

Default Re: Xara Web Designer Updated

A few things I noticed when I was installing the update. The install appeared to be hung at 50%. I noticed the product icon on the Taskbar and when I clicked the icon the install continued to finish.

Also, the install did not recognize my product serial number and I had to go to my account and retrieve it.

Kate, you said you love to hear our feedback. To be honest with you, this update has had the least essential features. Photo filters one can find in any graphic application. I truly think if Xara team or Magix would look into other companies and try to come up with features that are essential like full screen video, data base, you name it. Possibly implement the features that people are asking in the Dear Xara section. I wonder what other users feel about this update which got the short end of the stick because of all the work now going into cloud.

Noted behzad, and I'll pass that on (though I hope there are some fans of the Xara photo filters who would disagree). Don't forget it's just one of the incremental updates under the Update Service, and can't be compared with the big annual releases we used to do. Having said that I think some of the text improvements will be welcome, and we're hoping the new auto-fit feature will be well used, since it's especially useful for social media covers & posts (and we know the social media templates are popular).

Kate

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    A few things I noticed when I was installing the update. The install appeared to be hung at 50%. I noticed the product icon on the Taskbar and when I clicked the icon the install continued to finish.
    Has anyone else had a problem with the installation??

Thanks Kate.

Kate - I am not sure how Auto Fit works. Can you give us some examples and maybe a short tutorial?

Yeah, I read through that twice. But for me something is missing. There is a final step missing.

OK. I kind of see what Fit To Page does. I am not sure I would ever use this for social media, but it is an improvement when you create a variant in that the objects are resized to the new variant page.