Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xara Web Designer Updated

Boy - thanks for the quick response.

Unfortunately I expected your response to be the case, which I find really frustrating, after buying Xara's most expensive product I find myself last in line to access new features! It would be helfpful if Xara provided even a temporary serial number to allow me full access to WD.

Nobbyy, what's in WD that you need right now?

Nobbyy, there's nothing stopping you downloading WD and free test it for a month if you can't wait for XDPX to update.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Boy - I was wanting to try the auto-fit function.

Egg - good idea, but I take it that I would not have access to all of the content?

I see. Let's hope that XDP has some extra goodies to make up for the longer wait and the fact that our old goodies have been ported to P&GD and WDP (don't hold your breath though...).

Anyone have any luck trying to get the Autofit to page working?
    I created a single web page as a sample using a design from the P&LG to 960px wide.
    I then copied all the page elements, created a new document to 1200px wide and pasted in place.
    Then selected all the objects and tried Auotfit - nothing at all happens - manual, automatic, width, width and height - nada.
    I was hoping that this new feature?? would make it simpler to create a new page size that I could then copy, create a new variant to the same page width for the original site and simply paste that into place......

I use XDP so I don't have the Auto Fit option yet but I think this is how it works. First select the objects on your page and choose which Auto Fit options you want to apply. Next (having made sure that the page size is not locked) change the page size by using a preset page size or by dragging (with the Selector Tool) the bottom or right edge of the page. The objects will resize accordingly.

Take a look here for further explanations: http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/auto-fit/.