Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Downloaded Templates From "Xara Templates.com"

Good afternoon all,
    My first time downloading Templates from XaraTemplates.com and looking forward to using one of them to present our real estate classes. My problem is, I don't know how to get the templates to present as webpages. In other words, I don't know how to use them. Once downloaded how do I open them up as webpages or as a website ready for making the changes we need to have the website work for us? Also, I did note a comment about "older website" and a need to change fonts? I also noted a date of 2014. If that's the case there have been some changes over the 4 years I would assume. Am I making sense here regarding what I need in terms of help? Thanks much all.

bob
    Last edited by musicmanrobert; 02 April 2018 at 07:54 PM.

Default Re: Downloaded Templates From "Xara Templates.com"

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    Good afternoon all,
    My first time downloading Templates from XaraTemplates.com and looking forward to using one of them to present our real estate classes. My problem is, I don't know how to get the templates to present as webpages. In other words, I don't know how to use them. Once downloaded how do I open them up as webpages or as a website ready for making the changes we need to have the website work for us? Also, I did note a comment about "older website" and a need to change fonts? I also noted a date of 2014. If that's the case there have been some changes over the 4 years I would assume. Am I making sense here regarding what I need in terms of help? Thanks much all.

bob
    https://xaratemplates.com/faq/#installation, maybe?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Good Monday Evening Acorn,
    I sure do appreciate you coming to my aid on this. However, these old senior citizen eyes can't really see what's going on with the fonts being so small. Plus, there is no verbalization and with the movements so fast, I miss what's going on every time. In the past, I've gone to YouTube but the videos I've encounter have all had someone actually talking through the process. That way, I could stop or replay a particular part til I got it
    I am going back a try again to see if I can get what's going on there. Again, I do very much appreciate your reaching out to me on this.

bob

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    Good Monday Evening Acorn,
    I sure do appreciate you coming to my aid on this. However, these old senior citizen eyes can't really see what's going on with the fonts being so small. Plus, there is no verbalization and with the movements so fast, I miss what's going on every time. In the past, I've gone to YouTube but the videos I've encounter have all had someone actually talking through the process. That way, I could stop or replay a particular part til I got it
    I am going back a try again to see if I can get what's going on there. Again, I do very much appreciate your reaching out to me on this.

bob
    Bob, I have emailed jarmoluk who is not available for PMs.

You have piqued my interest and I might look towards purchasing the Template Pack on offer.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hello again Acorn,
    I sent jarmoluk 2 emails and have not heard from him. This makes me wonder about the 30 day money back guarantee he professes on the website. I purchased Xara, Templates, XT31 Through XT40. Again, Acorn, I do appreciate the link you sent me, but I believe it should be updated with verbal guidance. Is there any way to enlarge that video or any video to make it more easy to view? If so, that might work for me. However, if you do purchase the Template Pack, I would love to know. I hope I can then bug you for guidance. If not, as always, I appreciate all the help you've given me over time without complaint. bob

Hi Robert, once the video is running, mouse over it and the timeline appears. At the bottom right is Full Screen icon. Click this and it goes full screen. It'll take a few seconds to view at HD.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FULL-SCREEN.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	120530  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Good Wed Afternoon Sir,
    Thank you so much for this hint Mr. Bramhill. I will certainly do what you've advised. I am sure this should help a lot. Thanks again sir.

robert