Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: Xara Web Designer Updated

Boy - I was wanting to try the auto-fit function.

Egg - good idea, but I take it that I would not have access to all of the content?

I see. Let's hope that XDP has some extra goodies to make up for the longer wait and the fact that our old goodies have been ported to P&GD and WDP (don't hold your breath though...).

Anyone have any luck trying to get the Autofit to page working?
    I created a single web page as a sample using a design from the P&LG to 960px wide.
    I then copied all the page elements, created a new document to 1200px wide and pasted in place.
    Then selected all the objects and tried Auotfit - nothing at all happens - manual, automatic, width, width and height - nada.
    I was hoping that this new feature?? would make it simpler to create a new page size that I could then copy, create a new variant to the same page width for the original site and simply paste that into place......

I use XDP so I don't have the Auto Fit option yet but I think this is how it works. First select the objects on your page and choose which Auto Fit options you want to apply. Next (having made sure that the page size is not locked) change the page size by using a preset page size or by dragging (with the Selector Tool) the bottom or right edge of the page. The objects will resize accordingly.

Take a look here for further explanations: http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/auto-fit/.

Thanks Boy - eventually worked it out for websites. If you have pics and text on a page and you want the pics to maintain their aspect ratio, you have to select the "scale" buttons at the bottom of the vertical and horizontal options - other wise the pics get cropped left and right to fit the (new) narrower page size. Then select the text blocks and under the horizontal options, select "% scale width" button.

I'm trying to figure out how to use the auto-fit function to adapt the narrower themes in the gallery. The Elementary theme is 760 pixels wide. What is the best way to adapt this so that it is 955 pixels using the auto fit feature? Or am I still best doing this manually?

BTW I really hope they send current users an announcement soon about the upgrade. I usually check this forum at least daily but was tied up with an emergency this last fortnight. I was nevertheless constantly checking the update feature as I heard in a support ticket that an upgrade was imminent, but of course the update feature reported that my programme was up to date.

Hello all and hope your week has gone well. I just happen to see this post and still don't really understand what's happening. I use WD 365 Premium and wonder does these posts indicate there is an update for the program I'm using? If this is an update, it is certainly much more complicated than I've seen in the past. In the past, I would get a note letting me know I had an update. I would click the link and that was it.
    Is this update a totally separate program that can operate on its own? In other words, looks like from what I've read, this update can be downloaded onto a separate drive other than drive C? Am I right on this? Do I use the links provided here to download the "update"? I did order a WD 365 Premium disk just in case, but there is no ser # info on it. Does anyone know why Magix made this more complicated? Thanks all.

robert

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    Hello all and hope your week has gone well. I just happen to see this post and still don't really understand what's happening. I use WD 365 Premium and wonder does these posts indicate there is an update for the program I'm using? If this is an update, it is certainly much more complicated than I've seen in the past. In the past, I would get a note letting me know I had an update. I would click the link and that was it.
    Is this update a totally separate program that can operate on its own? In other words, looks like from what I've read, this update can be downloaded onto a separate drive other than drive C? Am I right on this? Do I use the links provided here to download the "update"? I did order a WD 365 Premium disk just in case, but there is no ser # info on it. Does anyone know why Magix made this more complicated? Thanks all.

robert
    Robert, read through my Post https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...38#post584238; MAGIX has since edited it so it is semi-official.
    Yes, it is complex. It is how MAGIX do things over Xara's approach. That is why we have a v15 and not a v12.6 or v12.8. That is also why you can keep v12 and v15 on the same machine. It is still all part of the 365 service, so free.

Keep on asking questions.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by yjs View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how to use the auto-fit function to adapt the narrower themes in the gallery. The Elementary theme is 760 pixels wide. What is the best way to adapt this so that it is 955 pixels using the auto fit feature? Or am I still best doing this manually.
    I've tried all sorts of permutations to try and use autofit to make the narrower themes wider, but nothing seems to work and I end up adjusting the elements by hand as before... Am I missing something obvious?

Did you read my post above (#44)?