Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Photo & Graphic Designer Updated

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    problem solved.
    just add: I would think Larry is referring to the flip problem he was experiencing, not the the PDF/PSD issue
    Last edited by handrawn; 28 November 2017 at 08:35 AM. Reason: add quote
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes, you can run 32 bit programs on a 64 bit operating system but just not visa versa.

Yay! I appear to have a fully working v.15, albeit the 32-bit version!!!

One thing I have noticed is a distinct lack of comments from Xara or Magix, either on the download page and on Facebook, about errors being found in the 64-bit version and an advisory not to install it at this time. Not all of your customers are going to find their way to these forums to find out why their installation isn't working properly.
    Saz ~ Naturally Blonde, Naturally Dizzy!

I haven't seen any errors in the program that would prevent anyone using it who didn't happen to need PDF/PSD

not wise either to go around announcing things until you actually know what the ins and outs are I would have thought
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes your are right. I got confused in the discussion.
    Anyway, waiting for update from Xara for 64 bit OS. Hope they will resolve it ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I haven't seen any errors in the program that would prevent anyone using it who didn't happen to need PDF/PSD

not wise either to go around announcing things until you actually know what the ins and outs are I would have thought
    There are other issues too. With exporting as a Word document for example. In the upgrade blurb they mention increased support for documents of this type, so to then have that not work in 64-bit but continue to allow people to download and install it is wrong.

what happens if you try to export as 'word document'? - that would be .DOCX ?
    Nothing lasts forever...

With the 32-bit version you can import a .docx file and edit it. You can also export to .docx and then open that in Word and edit it. Neither of these options work in the 64-bit version.

Quote Originally Posted by Saz View Post
    With the 32-bit version you can import a .docx file and edit it. You can also export to .docx and then open that in Word and edit it. Neither of these options work in the 64-bit version.
    This also works seamlessly in v12, 64-bit for Xara Web Designer Premium but fails for v15. It would be 'nice' to find out when the next release is due for XPGD & XWDP.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

yes it would

re .DOCX ok - but what I said before still applies

however that said, of late, Xara's beta testing does seem to have missed a lot of stuf.... wait! maybe we are the beta testers..
    Nothing lasts forever...