Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Photo & Graphic Designer Updated

Sorry to say manually registering the dll files for the PDF and PSD filters didn't work, despite getting the 'successful' message for both. Also, there was no PSDFilter.dll file in the folder. I had to copy it across from v.12, along with a few others that I noticed were missing.

All this said, surely your customers shouldn't be expected to go to such measures to get a program to function properly? I've never even had to tell a Xara product to run as administrator before, let alone try all this malarky.
    Saz ~ Naturally Blonde, Naturally Dizzy!

If your missing the filter completely then it would explain why you are getting this error message. These should be installed along with the program, did you get any error messages when installing Xara?

Can you link me the URL you downloaded V15 from so I can see what installer they are using?

Hi Rob

I can confirm that the regsvr32 routine does not make any difference to the PDF working, and there is no PSD dll file anywhere in the photo and graphic design \15\ subfolder tree

I'd say something is wrong with the installation process

FWIW: right click and run once as administrator brings the program into sync with windows, when windows policies or protocols, [often as modified by a windows update or a third party app - eg AV/firewall], prevent some part of the process from registering correctly first time - it's a local computer issue; and although it does not happen to most of us and I can't remember it happening to me with a xara program, it has with SAI.

that said, althouigh it does fix some issues, it's not fixing this one

I'm running the latest fall creators version of windows 10 pro - ver 1709 build 16299.64 if this helps
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I had no issues when installing the program, registering it or downloading the content installer.

I installed it twice.

The first download was from within my Magix control panel, and then when that threw up the errors I uninstalled it and then downloaded the trial from here: http://www.xara.com/uk/photo-graphic-designer/download/

What's really frustrating is that my install of v.12 has been reverted back to the Feb 2017 version as I initially followed these instructions on this webpage:
    "If you are an owner of the previous versions of Photo & Graphic Designer, you can download the trial below and unlock it with your serial number (you may also need to select 'download content' in the Help menu after unlocking):"

Incredibly misleading don't you think?

I didn't think it would be an issue when I realised what I had done as when I started the program it told me there were updates available. Unfortunately, after downloading this updates I get a message that says I already have the most up to date version on my laptop!

EDIT: Rob just seen your last post

I downloaded from here: http://www.xara.com/uk/photo-graphic-designer/download/ - [the trial version as I don't have a current 365 licence, just curious about the latest 'fun packed' features... ]

I didn't get error messages either during installation - it was installed clean, once, on a computer OS image that has not had P&G installed before - it is in '7 day' trial mode
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sorry just looking into this now. Looks like some filters missing from the 64 bit version. If you download the 32bit this *should* include the correct filters. I'm emailing the installation team now.

Apologies for this and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Rob

Will the 32 bit version run ok on a 64 bit system? Or is the 64 bit likely to be fixed any time soon? If so, I'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    [/ATTACH]
    problem solved.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    problem solved.
    Hi

I have Purchased Xara Photo & Graphic Designer v15 recently and am facing the same problem with PSD import/export and PDF export. Please advice how you were able to resolve the problem. I am running a 64 bit os.

Regards

Vikas

Quote Originally Posted by vikasg1970 View Post
    Hi

I have Purchased Xara Photo & Graphic Designer v15 recently and am facing the same problem with PSD import/export and PDF export. Please advice how you were able to resolve the problem. I am running a 64 bit os.

Regards

Vikas
    Hi Vikas

Looks like it's down to some missing files in the 64 bit version so nothing any of us can do to fix it. I guess we have to wait for Xara to re-upload the corrected installation program. Either that or you can try the 32 bit version which Rob says "SHOULD" have all the files in.