Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Default Re: Photo & Graphic Designer Updated

Quote Originally Posted by Saz View Post
    Hi all,

I've just upgraded to this latest version and appear to have lost the ability to export in PDF format, despite there being an "Export PDF" option. If I try to use it, the program throws up an error "Internal program error 5107.2.fi.gs". Also, if I try to use "Export As..." there is no PDF option in the dropdown list. Also I have found that I can no longer import PSD files despite the help files telling me I can do it!! If I try, I get a message that says "Can't open that file type".

Anybody else getting the same or is it just my installation that's corrupt?

Same results here exactly as you've described with update to PGD 64. Ran as administrator after installing and a couple more times since. 'Save as Type', 'Settings', 'Export', 'Cancel' are all non functional in the 'Export PDF' option.

Cannot import PSD via File > Import or drag and drop.

Julia

Quote Originally Posted by julia View Post
    Same results here exactly as you've described with update to PGD 64. Ran as administrator after installing and a couple more times since. 'Save as Type', 'Settings', 'Export', 'Cancel' are all non functional in the 'Export PDF' option.

Cannot import PSD via File > Import or drag and drop.

Julia
    So it's not just me then!! Thank you for posting Julia. I'm actually quite relieved as I couldn't for the life of me work out what I was doing wrong. I wouldn't class myself as a computer whiz but I'm no muppet either!!
    Saz ~ Naturally Blonde, Naturally Dizzy!

Same error code here (with 64-bit version) - just in case you needed any further confirmation!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error-code.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	119369

I've also found several old .xar files don't open in the latest update (v15) - I'm just left with a pasteboard. A quick work around so far has been to open in v12 and then export as a .xar file.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Just about to use it to design a birthday card. Hopefully I won't come across any other issues!!

sounds to me like the portring across of designer pro features to this latest release of photo and graphics designer has broken the PDF/PSD export/import

I can't rememnber what PDF features P&G had, but it could certainly import PSD

I now get these same issues too when I try with the new version

Quote Originally Posted by saz
    ...there should be no need to run the program as an administrator for it to work properly.
    perhaps... but this is windows being windows, and is to do with the security permissions and protocol settings on a given computer; it's not a xara issue, just something some people have to do, some of the time
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I noticed the flip does not work, at least I do not understand how it works at the moment.

Name:  flip.png
Views: 251
Size:  1.0 KB
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    I noticed the flip does not work, at least I do not understand how it works at the moment.

Name:  flip.png
Views: 251
Size:  1.0 KB
    That works fine for me...the exact same way it always has.

The only issue I've come across so far is the PDF/PSD one.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

I'm not a seasoned PGD user; having only downgraded to 12.7 in June rather than upgrading XDP (or whatever it's called these days). However, I think the update needed more work before release.

In addition to the pdf export and psd import issues, svg, RAW and Word no longer appear on the File > Import list. Drag and drop produces no results attempting to import .svg and produces 'Can't open this file type' error with docx. I didn't test RAW.

svg and psd do not appear on the Export list.

Horizontal/vertical flip work correctly here.

Julia

Quote Originally Posted by julia View Post
    I didn't test RAW.

Julia
    RAW can be imported and edited, but it does throw up a message saying "No filters that were designed for this type of file have been found. The import will continue using the most compatible filter, although the image may not appear as intended."

EDIT: Just noticed that it imports them and the files display just fine, it imports them at a much smaller resolution (1024x768 at 96dpi) despite having the option set to import files at their full size. PGD v.12 reduces my files from 180dpi to 96dpi but they are still at the full resolution of 4000x3000
    Last edited by Saz; 27 November 2017 at 01:37 PM.

Hi,

It sounds very much like none of the filters are registered which would cause the problems you are seeing. 9/10 if you close the program down and then right-clicking the program shortcut > Run as Administrator would fix this.

If this doesn't work then you can try manually registering the filters, this is a little complex to do but I'll try to make it as easy as possible:

1) Close down Xara

2) Go to start, type 'CMD', then right-click on the command prompt app > Run as Administrator.

3) Open the filters folder of Xara, within the installation directory normally located at: C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Photo Graphic Designer\15\Filters\ENG

4) Copy the whole path of the filter, for PSD for example: C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Photo Graphic Designer\15\Filters\ENG\PSDFilter.dll

5) In CMD type:

regsvr32 "[right-click and it should paste the path]"

so it would look like this for example: regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Photo Graphic Designer\15\Filters\ENG\PSDFilter.dll"

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	119378
    (In my image the path is for the 32 bit version of PGD)

and press enter. You should get a confirmation dialog afterwards that the filter has been registered. The PDF filter is located in the PDFXfilter folder, and is called 'PDFXFilter.dll'.

Name:	Capture2.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	119379

Try opening Xara and importing / exporting now.

Thanks
    Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	119377