Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: Photo & Graphic Designer Updated

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    just add: I would think Larry is referring to the flip problem he was experiencing, not the the PDF/PSD issue
    Yes that is correct.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Is there an approximate time frame for fixing the pdf export problem in the 64 bit version? I'm using workarounds for now, am considering whether to switch to the 32 bit version.

Hi,

Apologies for the delay, the installers have been updated now to include the correct filters for the 64 bit versions. Unfortunately the program won't notify you of this but if you go back to the download page and download the installer again and select the 64 bit version it should work now.

You might notice the 64 bit and 32 bit installers are on slightly different versions, this is because the build for the 64 bit is only slightly later but the changes between them are extremely negligible.

Please find the downloads here (on the right):

http://www.xara.com/photo-graphic-designer/download/
    http://www.xara.com/web-designer/download/

Sorry for the trouble caused, please let me know if you get any problems with this.

Kind Regards
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Hi,

Apologies for the delay, the installers have been updated now to include the correct filters for the 64 bit versions. Unfortunately the program won't notify you of this but if you go back to the download page and download the installer again and select the 64 bit version it should work now.
    Thanks Rob. How will this work in terms of our numbers of installations, downloading the content gallery and keeping our configurations? I now have both v12 and v15 on two machines and so far haven't had problems. Would like to keep as much of my V15 setup as possible - thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Yes that is correct.
    turns out that it was my problem not the software.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Hi,

You might notice the 64 bit and 32 bit installers are on slightly different versions, this is because the build for the 64 bit is only slightly later but the changes between them are extremely negligible.

Please find the downloads here (on the right):

http://www.xara.com/photo-graphic-designer/download/
    http://www.xara.com/web-designer/download/

Sorry for the trouble caused, please let me know if you get any problems with this.

Kind Regards
    Rob
    Hi Rob

I have Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 15.0.0.52288 DL x64 Nov 17 2017 which has the PDF export problem:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pgd-pdf-export-error.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	119535

I downloaded and installed this version when my update subscription still was current, but has since expired. I'm now uncertain what will happen if I re-download the latest trial version to get the fix. Will run into trouble registering my now expired serial number?

Where do I stand with this situation, especially as it was a fairly major bug introduced with the update when I did have a current subscription?

Many thanks, Jono.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Good question Jono.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Jono,

To translate it in readable terms, that error code basically means the filters are missing / not registered. That version number is the older one with the missing filters, if you re-download the installer you should see the new version with the correct filters:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	119541

It looks like the version number for your PGD is for the old copy. You won't have any problems re-activating your copy, when it contacts the activation servers it should recognise that your computer is already activated.

yjs - although V12 and 15 are treated as separate installations, they both use the same serial number and activation on your PC so you could technically run both side by side and it would only use 1 activation. They don't share the same galleries however so if you have downloaded the contents of the Content Catalogue, I'm afraid you would have to download it again.

Thanks
    Rob

Thanks Rob, downloaded, installed and reactivated. PDF export etc now all working fine.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022