Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Photo & Graphic Designer Updated

As Diep Anh - my colleague at Magix - announced yesterday ( https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...aphic-Designer) we’ve released an update to Photo & Graphic Designer. This is a regular Update Service update but note it won’t be delivered thru the auto-update, you need to download the trial and install it. It’s free if your Update Service is current. You’ll also be able to run the 7 day trial again, even if you’ve done so before since v11.

This is a big update for Photo & Graphic Designer. As you’ll see from Diep Anh’s post we’ve migrated some of the pro design and performance features from Designer Pro (as requested here on TG!), but we’ve also added a new ‘magic resize’ (auto-fit) feature which we hope you’ll find a great time saver. The release notes detail everything that's new @ http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/pho...phic-designer/, and you can download the trial on magix.com (http://www.magix.com/us/xara-photo-graphic-designer/ if you are in the US, click the 'Free Trial' button) or xara.com @ http://www.xara.com/photo-graphic-designer/download/.

Take a look, we'd love to hear your feedback.

Kate Moir

Default Re: Photo & Graphic Designer Updated

First thing I notice is the ongoing product identity crisis.

Will have a look at both updates today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	icons.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	119348  

Yes, the product catalog pot has been stirred, and PGD is now part of the family of Magix photo products - so it co-ordinates with them rather than the other Designer titles

Look forward to your feedback.

Kate

Hi all,

I've just upgraded to this latest version and appear to have lost the ability to export in PDF format, despite there being an "Export PDF" option. If I try to use it, the program throws up an error "Internal program error 5107.2.fi.gs". Also, if I try to use "Export As..." there is no PDF option in the dropdown list. Also I have found that I can no longer import PSD files despite the help files telling me I can do it!! If I try, I get a message that says "Can't open that file type".

Anybody else getting the same or is it just my installation that's corrupt?
    Saz ~ Naturally Blonde, Naturally Dizzy!

Quote Originally Posted by Saz View Post
    Hi all,

I've just upgraded to this latest version and appear to have lost the ability to export in PDF format, despite there being an "Export PDF" option. If I try to use it, the program throws up an error "Internal program error 5107.2.fi.gs". Also, if I try to use "Export As..." there is no PDF option in the dropdown list. Also I have found that I can no longer import PSD files despite the help files telling me I can do it!! If I try, I get a message that says "Can't open that file type".

Anybody else getting the same or is it just my installation that's corrupt?
    Are you sure you did the "run as administrator"?
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Quote Originally Posted by gracehjs View Post
    Are you sure you did the "run as administrator"?
    I did everything the way I have always done. I've used Xara products for years and never had any issues before. Plus, there should be no need to run the program as an administrator for it to work properly.

You only have to do this once so that Windows is instructed by you that, simply put, the software you want to run is trusted and can have access to all resources as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    You only have to do this once so that Windows is instructed by you that, simply put, the software you want to run is trusted and can have access to all resources as needed.
    Tried uninstalling and re-running the installer as the administrator. It's still not working. The only thing I can think of is that I installed the 64 bit version but I have Web Designer Premium v.12 in 64 bit and don't have any problems running that. That version doesn't support PDF files but it lets me work with PSD files just fine.

What Grace and I suggested was to run the program as administrator and not reinstall it.

Do you have Windows 32-bit and install 64-bit programs?

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    What Grace and I suggested was to run the program as administrator and not reinstall it.

Do you have Windows 32-bit and install 64-bit programs?
    Yep... tried that too.

I'm running a Windows 8.1 and it appears to support 64 bit just fine. Am going to try installing the 32 bit version this morning but can't see how that is the issue as Web Designer runs just fine, as I said before.

EDIT: Just put my laptop on and double checked. I'm running a 64 bit system (and can remember checking when I put Web Designer Pro on) so I'm not going to try installing the 32 bit version.
    Last edited by Saz; 26 November 2017 at 08:22 AM.