Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: New Version of Photo & Graphic Designer

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Well if these two releases follow the past history, Designer Pro X release should be coming up shortly and will probably have a few more features.

Like 32bit rendering and getting rid of export size limitations . One can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Duke View Post
    Thanks Gary, but I was referring to the “Magic Check and Tuning” program, not the web and graphics program.
    this is a paid for product - about 30/40 GBP a year - I would imagine all you get with the xara program is a [30day?] trial

windows keeps changing - a program like this will have to keep up to speed with these changes in real time to minimise risk of breaking something

personally I think you need to know windows well in order to determine whether it's suggestions [eg - for tuning broadband] are sensible/applicable to your computer

if you know windows well, you don't need it

I think you can guess my answer to your question Ron
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank you Steve.
    That does help.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

I have a question about this. I just installed it and my serial number worked, is this a 365 deal too?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I'm still using Xara Xtreme 5 Silver, is there any reason to upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by MarcT View Post
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...aphic-Designer

Am I reading clearly ? :

From CYMK to RGB: Work in any color space

Marc
    I really hope so. Lack of this rules XGD pro for any serious print work or working with other Adobe based designers. It is also why I can use it less and less nowadays :-(

I do print work in XDP all the time. Both in XDP output to PDF as well as making assets for layout applications.

While it would be nice to have an accurate display, and I do want Xara/Magix to roll in LCMS or another color management module, I still get accurate color out.

As for working with Adobe-centric designers? I approach that like I do other software collaboration projects. Someone has to use what the other designers are using at some point before the exchange. So while I'll draw in XDP when working with someone who is using AI, for instance, at some point I will bring the design into AI and save a version. Sometimes I need to stop before finished and finish off in AI--like for drop shadows or other AI effects. Most of the time it is fine as is and AI becomes a fancy file converter.

Of course, one could always encourage them to buy XDP...

Probably not - if you have been using it since then you probably know the program inside out. A new (365) version has a lot of added stuff, almost all of it non-vector and, in my opinion mostly inessential. Xtreme 5 is a very good program, most of what has been added since then has had a strong emphasis on the photography side of things. A huge plus was the light interface - Stay with Xara by all means, have a look-see at what has been added, but I would be inclined to go with Affinity Designer for noticeable improvements to what you have already got.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.