Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Release of Web Designer Premium (part of the 365 update program)

RE: this announcement https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...f-Web-Designer

One thing I noticed is when you use the installer application it appears to hang at 50%. But there is an icon on the Taskbar.

At this point click on the blue icon to complete the installation process.

And the installer did not automatically remember my serial number. So make sure you know where your serial number is.

Default Re: New Release of Web Designer Premium (part of the 365 update program)

Does this update automatically overwrite the current installation (WDP365 for me) or can you install to a separate directory for testing?

Default Re: New Release of Web Designer Premium (part of the 365 update program)

You can install it to a separately for testing,

Kate

Ok, so now I have two versions. How am I going to import all my ftp's profiles to the newer version?

Also Do I need to delete the older version so that I can install a 2nd copy on my other computer?

You can keep both.

I do not think you can import your FTP settings. It would make all the sense in the world, but I think you have to start from scratch with these. But Kate...?

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Ok, so now I have two versions. How am I going to import all my ftp's profiles to the newer version?
    The FTP settings are saved with the .web/.xar files if you selected "Save Publish settings in document" in the Web Properties/Publish dialog. So, a new app version shouldn't cause any problem.

However, any customized toolbars and such will probably have to be reconfigured.

Profiles are not saved but as Boy points out (and I just checked and verified) FTP settings for individual documents are saves.

Ok thank you gang.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    RE: this announcement https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...f-Web-Designer

And the installer did not automatically remember my serial number. So make sure you know where your serial number is.
    I have always relied on the XARA Support site for my serial numbers. Now the new MAGIX site no longer shows ANY of the numerous Xara products I have purchased over the years.

Also, I only see the option to purchase the new version. So how do I install the new version?

Thanks, as always, for any and all help.

Curly In KC

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyInKC View Post
    I have always relied on the XARA Support site for my serial numbers. Now the new MAGIX site no longer shows ANY of the numerous Xara products I have purchased over the years.
    Also, I only see the option to purchase the new version. So how do I install the new version?
    Thanks, as always, for any and all help.
    Curly In KC
    At present, all you can do is DO NOT PAY and follow my guide here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...238#post584238.
    You will need to ask MAGIX for your past purchases. When you do ask for mine too as they have all gone south.

You should be able to get the licence number and your purchase email address from your last purchase.

It is sad these gaffs keep happening.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat