Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: New Release of Web Designer Premium (part of the 365 update program)

to be fair, the xara website has not shown serial numbers for legacy product for quite a while [older than about ver 6 for designer as I recall]

if the powers that be are reading this - if third party cookies are blocked in FireFox or Google then the xara support site will not run [I had to use edge - horror! - how long out and still not finished yet...] - I have no intention of allowing third party cookies for anyone in my main browser, it is just not good modern safe practice....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: New Release of Web Designer Premium (part of the 365 update program)

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    to be fair, the xara website has not shown serial numbers for legacy product for quite a while [older than about ver 6 for designer as I recall]

if the powers that be are reading this - if third party cookies are blocked in FireFox or Google then the xara support site will not run [I had to use edge - horror! - how long out and still not finished yet...] - I have no intention of allowing third party cookies for anyone in my main browser, it is just not good modern safe practice....
    I had all my licences listed until very, very recently. I had to jump to Edge (and spit) because I also block 3P Cookies. I even open emails without images in a different client to purge out spam and nasty tracking emailers; you don't know me, or own my data. I would be happy to open up to all if Cookies were taxed as the companies that rely on them would soon go broke.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I just bought a midi controller from a well known national supplier - lo and behold when I click on their link to track delivery up pops a mandrillapp.com cookie... I right-click/copy email links like this and open then in a seperate browser session that kills all on exit - be nice to tax cookies - Hammond wants to tax facebook on the number of members it has in the UK... interesting [but of course verging on the political]

thinking about it were there not originally two Xara account types you could buy through? - maybe when they were merged one set retained legacy, and one did not?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I just bought a midi controller from a well known national supplier - lo and behold when I click on their link to track delivery up pops a mandrillapp.com cookie... I right-click/copy email links like this and open then in a seperate browser session that kills all on exit - be nice to tax cookies - Hammond wants to tax facebook on the number of members it has in the UK... interesting [but of course verging on the political]

thinking about it were there not originally two Xara account types you could buy through? - maybe when they were merged one set retained legacy, and one did not?
    I'm just the customer,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat