Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Exclamation No reply from Xara

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me. I've submitted a ticket to xara who said that my file needed to be looked at by a developer (and had been assigned to one) as it was pretty unusable and kept crashing. This was a week ago and I've not heard anything back since, despite asking what's happening a couple of times. I really need to publish an update for my website and this is an important time for me where I'm likely to have more customers looking at my broken site!!! I don't know how long it takes for a developer to work through the problems, and whether I am just being impatient or I should have heard something back, but I could really do with an indication of when I'm going to be able to use the software again.

Thank you

Default Re: No reply from Xara

Can you give us a link to you website or, even better, post your .web file here?

Perhaps it's better to start a new thread in the "Xara web design chat" forum because that gets more traffic.

I sent a heads up to Xara yesterday and asked them to have a look.

Lpb - You should have a response by now.

Thank you very much gwpriester. I have indeed had a response, they just said that they are waiting to hear from the developers but at least I know what's happening now.

Excellent. Welcome to TalkGraphics.

Would you be able to give someone a nudge please gwpriester, still haven't heard anything since "I'm waiting for a response from the developer today" on Friday. I've been waiting to get this sorted for nearly half this month now and it's getting a bit ridiculous!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

This is what I was able to find out:

We replied to his ticket today. He sent a reply Friday which means he wouldn't get a reply until Monday. Unfortunately with his file there's not too much we can do, as even if we do produce a fix it won't come out until the next patch.
    So my question is, is there a work-around you can do? Maybe if you tell us what you are trying to do we can suggest other ways of doing this.

Also, I am going to move this thread into the Xara Web Design Chat forum.

Thank you for looking into it.

I have had a reply and this is what I have received:

"Unfortunately not helpful information. I believe they have found what could be causing the issue but we're still working on a way to fix it. This is from the developers:

"Looks like there is an issue with duplicate attributes, under debug there are LOTS of 'CheckSubtree() - attribute (AttrUser @ 0x39272fb0) duplicate of one on self (TextStory @ 0x392727c0) or parent' warnings."

This doesn't mean much to me but if they have found the cause they might be able to implement something that removes duplicate attributes. I will keep you posted however to any updates. I would suggest working on your last good file in the meantime as I can't say if a fix even is produced, when that fix would be released."

I am going to try working from an old file, but I'm worried that the problem will just start again with not knowing what the cause is. However, maybe I can get some of the urgent bits done and published before it crashes!

Thank you, I wasn't sure where to put it.