Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Return to Top Of Page

Good morning all,
    Can anyone give me some ideas on what direction I should go regarding how to get website visitors to return to the top of a web page or to another page on the website? If you visit (www.newpathwaysconsultants.com) you will quickly see that I am a total newbie and I accept all suggestions on how to improve my wife's website. Please notice on the Home Page because of great advice I got here, I have placed a link which permits visitors to that page to be taken directly to another page that explains specific educational info about my wife. You will also notice that unless a visitor used his/her mouse to scroll down the middle of the page they might miss that link. How can I make it more obvious that is a link?

Finally, as I've noted here, in order to get maximum real estate class information on each page I've extended the length of each page. I've got to find a way to direct visitors back to the top of each page instead of having to scroll back to the top in order to go the the next page. What is the best way to accomplish that? Thanks again all. Because of you, i'm getting a little better. Thanks so much.

bob

Default Re: Return to Top Of Page

Robert,

You can do a couple of things to get to the top of the page. I assume you want to return to the top of the page to get to the navigation menu. You can make the menu float and stay at the top of the browser so no matter where a person scrolls to they will see the menu.

If you want a button, then this post explains how to do it. https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-to-top-button

I quickly looked at your main page. The link in the middle of the main page has no indication that it is a link. I scrolled right by it and had to go back and look for it. You need to call it out as a link by either having the hyper link colors active or have a call to action telling the person to click the link.

One other thing I noted on the main page is that I would crop the picture of your wife with the keys. I would crop the picture so that you can increase the size of the picture so the keys are more readily seen. It was hard for me to tell what your wife was holding.

Hope this helps a little.

Ray
    Last edited by RKissane; 21 November 2017 at 03:13 PM.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	top of page.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	119334  

Good Friday Morning RKinssane and GWpriester,
    A very warm thank you both. Here is what I did dear forum experts, I went to the "help" section of Xara WD 365 Premium and sought out "Web Properties Dialog". From there I found a section, "Top Of Page". While my wife drove us to see her mom, I had a chance to read the entire Web Properties Dialog section. What a great read. I was so in-a-hurry to try this out this morning. It works great as you all said it would. RKinssane and GWpriester I am more than happy with the outcome. Thank you again.

bob