Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Having trouble with anchors and linking them

I am creating a one page supersite and I'm using link to anchor. I create a square and then give it a name. I then add the name to the anchor list. From there I go to the nav bar and link to that name in the anchor list. I then save the changes and preview it in google browser. When I click on that link nothing happens I hover over the link and the anchor tag #aboutus is not visible. I then upload these changes and try it on the web and then hovered my mouse over the link and the anchor was visiable. so I clicked on the link "aboutus" but still nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? I follow the steps correctly but still no luck. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks so much,

tony56

Default Re: Having trouble with anchors and linking them

Quote Originally Posted by tony56 View Post
    I am creating a one page supersite and I'm using link to anchor. I create a square and then give it a name. I then add the name to the anchor list. From there I go to the nav bar and link to that name in the anchor list. I then save the changes and preview it in google browser. When I click on that link nothing happens I hover over the link and the anchor tag #aboutus is not visible. I then upload these changes and try it on the web and then hovered my mouse over the link and the anchor was visiable. so I clicked on the link "aboutus" but still nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? I follow the steps correctly but still no luck. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks so much,

tony56
    Tony, hovering over an anchor will reveal nothing.
    If you click the link, does the the address bar show the anchor full path?

If the anchor is visible on the page n the browser, the page may not jump to it as it is already there.
    Change the browser height to something very short, click the link and if the anchor was not visible the page should jump to it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I tried what you recommended but still couldn't get it to work. http://adisolutions.net/ADI-Sites/adisupersite/

I even lowered the background photo for the aboutus page. The anchor is off to the left the second background photo

Create individual buttons and link those buttons to your anchor.

You can make your buttons look like a nav bar and if you want you can build sub menus using layers. So the button links to the layer and the buttons on the layer link to the anchors.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you for that. I'll try it

Why not just use a navbar Gary. What's the advantage of individual buttons?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Why not just use a navbar Gary.
    No reason now that I try it.

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Here's an example that also includes a sub men http://gwpriester.xara.hosting/anchors-aweigh/

Works fine Gary
    Egg