Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Having trouble with anchors and linking them

So, Tony56. Are you making any progress here?

Hi Acorn,

I want to thank you for all your help
    Tony

yes, and thank you very much. that did the trick. I'm working with some basic animations for my site. Does it have to be a supersite in order to make the animations work or can I also create animations in a conventional site as well?

Hi Acorn,

I want to thank you for all your help
    Tony

I want to thank everyone for there help

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by tony56 View Post
    I want to thank everyone for there help
    Tony
    Glad, you're sorted and are now looking at animations..., which I assume are page transitions for a Conventional website.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn,

Actually I'm Trying to create these animations in supersite mode. Is this wrong? I can't get any of to work. These types of animations are shown in this video. http://www.xara.com/us/web-designer/.../#video_player
    Thank You,

Tony

You probably have checked this already but just to be sure: You opened Utilities/Web Properties; clicked the "Web Export Options" button at the bottom; ticked the "Supersite" and "Page Transitions" radio buttons and selected the desired transition effects from the drop-down menu; clicked "OK"; and clicked "Apply" on the Web Properties dialog.

I'm still having trouble Linking to the anchors. I started over Used the letters ABCDE etc. The only letter that I could link is the first letter A I linked B next but could not get it go to that page. In the program not the preview window but the work place I can select B and the caption appears and click on the letter B and it go to that section. What am I doing wrong.

Thank you very much for your help

Tony
    Last edited by tony56; 07 December 2017 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tony56 View Post
    I'm still having trouble Linking to the anchors. I started over Used the letters ABCDE etc. The only letter that I could link is the first letter A I linked B next but could not get it go to that page. In the program not the preview window but the work place I can select B and the caption appears and click on the letter B and it go to that section. What am I doing wrong.

Thank you very much for your help

Tony
    Tony, an Anchor is a Name of an object on a page in your design.
    A link from another object anywhere can be set to an Anchor in a drop-down list for the Link to anchor field.
    Once picked, you must click Accept or OK.

There are no tricks or hoops,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat