Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: Navigation bar (hamburger) in mobile version

Only the mobile site. I will give your next instruction a try. I actually had only put under "Menu" only mine said "Home." And all sub menus were under that. Perhaps I did double click...

I know I am doing something wrong. I am just stumped. I love learning new things, so I very much appreciate you helping me. I will do all your settings and get back to you.

Yeah, that worked! Now, please see my screen shot.
    It took what said "Rainbow Bridge" which is my title of the page near top and tangled it all up. Have no idea what did that. Translating it into another language?

The menu needs to get moved up higher closer to the hamburger.

And some of the menus items need to be sub-menus under different titles. Can I do that?
    And instead of it saying "About-bccsc" like the title of the page, I want it to say About BCCSC. Is that okay to do?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drop down for hamburger menu-help.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	119366

The page without the nav doing some obscure thing should look like this:

Name:	nav bar rainbow bridge.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	119367

We are getting there...a few more things and I will breath again! LOL

I think the space is there under the burger because you made your button vertical.

Make your button more like the attached. And of course make the text and button fill None and group all three objects.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	menu button.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	846 Bytes 
ID:	119368  

GWPriester, did you mean to make the text and button white? I think I have this part down.

Now can I add submenus without messing up the nav bar?

I made the elements grey so you can see that the bar is about as wide as the drop down menu but not tall. And yes, make the button rectangle and the text the same color as the background.

The button in your screen shot in post 39 is very large and this is why your sub menu is starting out so far below the hamburger. The drop down menu starts directly under the button shape.

I am not sure if you need to start over or not. But even if you do, it is good practice.

Okay, here's my latest one, see screen shot. And, yes, I did start over. LOL

Now, is there any issue with me renaming those menu items without the dashes and moving things around to put some as sub-menus? Anything I need to know (so I don't mess this up again)? Any special instructions on sub-menus nav bar?

Sue

Name:	nav bar bccsc mobile 2.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	119370

Screen shot. Press the Print Screen key on your keyboard, then paste the image into Xara and crop.

This looks good.

To edit the sub menu text (think of this as a Zen exercise), highlight each entry, and edit the text. In this case remove the dashes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edit buttons.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	119371  

Got will do with the sub menu as instructed. How about a deeper sub-menu? Anything special to do there but "double click?" So worried about adding extra "hamburger" to the menu now. You tip really worked, so only following your exact instructions no matter what!

Here's my screenshot..I used my phone to screen shot as the snipping tool won't work with the program open and my "print screen" does not seem to work.

Name:	nav menu xara.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	119372

Same thing. Click the + next to the page you want to add the sub menu to and then double click to add sub menu pages.

I think we're done here.